Windows 10: Cannot see any icons on desktop except one

Discus and support Cannot see any icons on desktop except one in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, all of the icons disappeared from my desktop. I can still see taskbar. The only icon i can see is some "AI Suite" thing. Whenever i try to drag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kristian22K, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Cannot see any icons on desktop except one

So, all of the icons disappeared from my desktop. I can still see taskbar. The only icon i can see is some "AI Suite" thing. Whenever i try to drag something from explorer to the desktop it simply disappears. What could be wrong?

:)

Kristian22K, Mar 10, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Cannot see any icons on desktop except one

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot see any icons on desktop except one

1. Cannot see any icons on desktop except one - Similar Threads - Cannot icons desktop

2. cannot see any files on onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot see any files on onedrive: just today on two separate computers pc and a laptop both using windows 10 onedrive shows no files at all from my opening page My Files. I am up to date on payment. I've been using onedrive for many many years and this has never occurred before....
  3. cannot see any files on onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot see any files on onedrive: just today on two separate computers pc and a laptop both using windows 10 onedrive shows no files at all from my opening page My Files. I am up to date on payment. I've been using onedrive for many many years and this has never occurred before....
  4. I can't see any users except the Administrator one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't see any users except the Administrator one: Hi. I am not able to view any users when I log in to my PC or when switching accounts. I am only able to work with the Administrator account. I went to Family& Other users and added multiple accounts, but not one of them can be signed in with. I went to Computer...
  5. i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop: my jprinter goes i just cannot see any icons on my desktop or scanner even when i search there is nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-see-any-of-the-printer-icons-or-scanner/609d04ec-d72a-4fbc-943b-8c57b2f5f7e8
  6. Cannot see any program icon on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see any program icon on my PC: I cannot see any icon on my taskbar, desktop, folder and I also can't open properties tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-any-program-icon-on-my-pc/e54e2b94-51fb-4dc1-958b-8a22925d70fd
  7. Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop: Hello community. Lately I am encountering this weird bug thanks to which I cannot click on anything that is not desktop. I can launch programs via their shortcuts but when I click on their working window the computer bypasses them and clicks on the desktop instead, graying...
  8. Desktop Icon - a strange one !!

Desktop Icon - a strange one !!: One of my desktop icons (gmail / shortcut) has always been a round red/yellow/green image. Something I have done*Redface has altered this to a blank white icon with a letter M in red upon it. Your ideas on how to get this back to 'normal' would be appreciated. Thanks in...
  9. cannot open one file type from desktop icons

cannot open one file type from desktop icons: I have two links on my desktop to .xlsx files which used to open normally will excel. When I click the file in its original location it opens normally but from the desktop i get the following error message. [img] No shortcuts other then .xlxs are affected and there are no...
  10. Cannot See any Icons or change View Type

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot See any Icons or change View Type: Hi there, I am currently having an issue with icons not displaying on Windows 10, I also cannot change the folder layout as it is grayed out as you will see in the snip it below. For some reason Adobe PDF icons still display but all the others are just folder icons or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see all of my icons on the desktop

2. except icons