Windows 10: Cannot See any Icons or change View Type

Discus and support Cannot See any Icons or change View Type in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I am currently having an issue with icons not displaying on Windows 10, I also cannot change the folder layout as it is grayed out as you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by faceoffaith7, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Cannot See any Icons or change View Type

Hi there,

I am currently having an issue with icons not displaying on Windows 10, I also cannot change the folder layout as it is grayed out as you will see in the snip it below.

For some reason Adobe PDF icons still display but all the others are just folder icons or the generic gray page icon.

Please help!*Eek

Cannot See any Icons or change View Type [​IMG]

:)

faceoffaith7, Jan 29, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Sometimes my pdf files are not visible in the file explorer. I need help regarding this.

Shobhit, you do not have a virus!

This is a long known bug in Windows 10 where PDF files are concerned, sometimes the icons have a white square icon
    (you cannot then see the icon), sometimes a black square icon and sometimes a thumbnail of the document.

The view is inconsistent, can change when you get a Windows 10 update and even when you change the default application to open PDF files

Try changing the view of the folder the PDF files are in to see if you can get the icons to render correctly - View Tab - Layout.

I see you use Adobe Reader/Acrobat to open PDF files, if changing the view does not work, change the default application for opening PDF's to Edge, reboot, then change the default app back to Adobe Reader/Acrobat and this should fix the icon issue . . .

DaveM121, Jan 29, 2016
  3. chromecat Win User
    one of my menus is lost! nokia C3

Just to make it clean. There is a Communities application in the phone. Is this what you speak about? I see no any other Communities menu. Where did that supposed to be?

The main menu (accessed by the middle key) cannot be changed by adding or removing items. The order of the items can be changed, and the display mode can be changed.

I noticed that if you move an icon to another location in list view or in single item view, the order of the other items is changed as well.

There are two customizable menus where you can add or remove menu items. These are the "Go To" menu - bound to the left softkey by default, accessible from the Home screen, and the sliding icons widget when the Enhanced Home Screen is enabled.

But I see not Communities option in any of these.

chromecat, Jan 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cannot See any Icons or change View Type

Brink, Jan 29, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink! This has fixed my problem

faceoffaith7, Jan 29, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot See any Icons or change View Type

1. Cannot See any Icons or change View Type - Similar Threads - Cannot Icons change

2. Can't see photos as 'icons' in folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't see photos as 'icons' in folder view: I have literally thousands of photographs for work purposes and use the "Extra Large Icon" in view settings in the folder to find what I'm looking for. I can see a small version of the photograph. Windows appears to have updated over night and has removed 'photo viewer' and...
  3. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  4. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  5. Cannot see any program icon on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see any program icon on my PC: I cannot see any icon on my taskbar, desktop, folder and I also can't open properties tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-any-program-icon-on-my-pc/e54e2b94-51fb-4dc1-958b-8a22925d70fd
  6. Change type of view in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change type of view in Notepad: How do I change the type from cascading to something I can actually use ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-type-of-view-in-notepad/2d2d0b45-2088-49a2-ad31-cd35b023ec84
  7. Cannot see any icons on desktop except one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot see any icons on desktop except one: So, all of the icons disappeared from my desktop. I can still see taskbar. The only icon i can see is some "AI Suite" thing. Whenever i try to drag something from explorer to the desktop it simply disappears. What could be wrong?...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  9. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  10. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing