Windows 10: Cannot see bottom of screen on NetBook after upgrade to Win 10

Discus and support Cannot see bottom of screen on NetBook after upgrade to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Win 10 on my Acer Aspire One netbook, but cannot get the bottom of the display to be visible. The start button/task bar is off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eds, Aug 7, 2015.

1. EDS
    eds Win User

Cannot see bottom of screen on NetBook after upgrade to Win 10

I just upgraded to Win 10 on my Acer Aspire One netbook, but cannot get the bottom of the display to be visible. The start button/task bar is off screen, and I cannot find a way to fix it.

The native display of the netbook is 1024X600, and display was set at 1024X768 in Win 7, and worked fine. Now, even if I set the display resolution back to 1024X600, the icons just get bigger, and the bottom ones are mostly off screen.

I even tried 800X600, but that was just worse.

Without the start button and task bar, it is hard to try anything.

:)

2. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 problems

Upgraded desktop (Win 7) and netbook (from Win 8.1) same time. Netbook is fine but desktop is far from. Have yet to see tiles screen (start icon is there but does nothing) and therefore cannot access any programs.

I am able to access Control Panel from admin account, but there is no option to roll back to Windows 7, only two critical updates from this morning.

It is clearly not useable at present - any advice?

Peter S (UK), Aug 7, 2015
  3. JoanL. Win User
    Cannot see bottom of a pop up screen and see bottom to accept

All these drivers were up-to-date except Lenovo Easy Camera and I updated it.
    Cannot see bottom of screen on NetBook after upgrade to Win 10 [​IMG]

Re Method2

I am afraid to fool around with this

What all mfrs. do I need to go to

Are you telling me to go to mfr. for all of the above.

If I just wait will Microsoft automatically fix this problem

JoanL., Aug 7, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Did you download & install the latest chipset and video drivers?

WhyMe, Aug 7, 2015
  5. EDS
    eds Win User
    No later drivers available on the Acer website., Windows says I have the latest, which are old.

I hate to trash this little netbook, it has been great for my wife. Win 10 seems to have pretty effectively killed it. *Sad

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do you have an external monitor you can connect and see what happens? Might have to reboot with it connected.

NavyLCDR, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Found this post here: Windows 10 on Acer Aspire netbook.

So you should be able to fix this.

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I upgraded my wife's Acer Aspire One Model KAV10 to Windows 10 with no problems at all.

NavyLCDR, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Could it be a size setting? Try Settings, System, Display.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot see bottom of screen on NetBook after upgrade to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot bottom screen

2. Win 10 on a 2013 netbook

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 on a 2013 netbook: Hey all! So I've gotten my hands on the 2013 Asus F102B netbook of a friend. It suffered the infamous black screen and he offered it to me if I could fix it. A 35€ mainboard plus new thermal paste and about 16 hours of Windows updates later here we are. After everything was...
  3. Win 10 Upgrade not seeing external drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade not seeing external drives: Laptop is demanding I upgrade from 8.1 to 10. However it doesn't recognize two external drives that I attached, with each one having the available space required. Win 8.1 can see the drive in all other windows and apps. I can even run the upgrade shortcut from the...
  4. After Win 10 Pro upgrade, No Logon Screen

After Win 10 Pro upgrade, No Logon Screen: Win 10 Pro Dell OptiPlex 755 updated to latest version of Win 10 Pro and upon reboot, the logon screen only displays for a milli-second. Can't log on at all. Help!...
  5. win 10 cannot see dlink router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 cannot see dlink router: I am trying to add a wireless dlink DIR-842 duel band router to my windows 10 system. It is not picked up in device manager and i have tried re- setting. All my other devices pick it up and set up was easy on my UBUNTU laptop,and huawi tablet and phone. I need this addapter...
  6. cannot duplicate screens after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot duplicate screens after upgrade: Pretty simple. Yesterday as i was on windows 8.1 i could plug hdmi cable to my laptop and tv, duplicate screens(or any other option) and it would work flawlessly. After upgrading to windows 10 it told me that i lack hardware, so i downloaded latest nvidia drivers (353.63) and...
  7. Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10

Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10: I want to try upgrading my Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10, if I can. It seems to meet the requirements, except for the graphics driver which is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150. I saw this post about upgrading the graphics card and the Microsoft download page...
  8. My netbook died after upgrading to 14385

My netbook died after upgrading to 14385: I went to upgrade both my desktop and netbook to 14385. I left them unattended, so I don't know in what step the problem happened. Now my netbook doesn't boot. The desktop is fine. The netbook restarts over and over just after the POST screen, without a way to enter safe...
  9. Upgrading a netbook

Upgrading a netbook: Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7. I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for updates and I accepted. Now it's been checking for updates for two hours. Should I just cancel and restart the process? 30848
  10. Netbook display overfills screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Netbook display overfills screen: System Spec Computer type:LaptopSystem Manufacturer/Model Number:Acer Aspire One D257OS:Windows 10CPU:Intel Atom N570 / 1.66 GHzMemory:1GBGraphics Card(s):Intel GMA 3150 I HAVE ATTACHED PICTURE TO LET YOU VISUALIZE MY PROBLEM. THE RED LINE SYMBOLIZES WHERE THE BOTTOM OF...