Windows 10: Cannot see contacts in Outlook.

Discus and support Cannot see contacts in Outlook. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My church has an Office 365 profile in Outlook for its Office 365 email account but it has another email profile for its main email address. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rabbi_807, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Rabbi_807 Win User

Cannot see contacts in Outlook.

My church has an Office 365 profile in Outlook for its Office 365 email account but it has another email profile for its main email address. However, the contacts for the main email account do not appear in the Contacts folder when it is opened. What is screwy is that, when we start a new email, if we type a letter in the "To" filed, all the contacts that begin with that letter show up in a drop down list. So it seems the contact information is on the computer somewhere but it does not appear in the contact folder. I have looked at the Outlook Account Settings under the Address tab to confirm the Outlook Address Book is listed there. We have checked Contact Properties to confirm we have checked the box "Show this folder as an email address book" with the folder designated "Contacts." Thanks for any help you can provide. PWNeely

:)

Rabbi_807, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Dude Win User
    Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

4. Florio Win User

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot see contacts in Outlook. - Similar Threads - Cannot contacts Outlook

2. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  3. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  4. Outlook Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  5. Outlook Contacts

Outlook Contacts: I'm trying to remove an outdated Email address but I cant find the file location. The Email address I'm trying to remove is the second on the above drop down list. this address does not show up in any of the contact lists.We have been using Outlook in various versions...
  6. Outlook on Android - contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook on Android - contacts: Up front: I am not sure where to post this. I am sorry if it is placed into the wrong section. Am using Office 365 desktop on one side and Outlook on Android on my smartphone. The contacts within Outlook on desktop have been cleaned up recently. On the smartphone, when I...
  7. how to activate outlook contacts and transfer google contacts to outlook?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to activate outlook contacts and transfer google contacts to outlook?: How can I copy a list of names from google contacts to Word to do a Christmas letter mailing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-outlook-contacts-and-transfer/1368de0d-04de-4216-bada-9d032c30af16"
  8. Phantom contacts in Outlook

Phantom contacts in Outlook: Whenever I send an email and the recipient tries to reply, they receive an error message that an email to an ex-contact has failed. That contact is no longer in my contacts list, but I am concerned about what other addresses are also being tacked on when I send an email and...
  9. Contacts in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Outlook: I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683
  10. Outlook 2016 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see contacts in outlook

2. i can not see my outlook contacts