Windows 10: Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer

Discus and support Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. How can find a driver that allows me to see my iPhone in File Explorer? Device hardware ID's... USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&REV_0601&MI_00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rexnewman, Nov 27, 2018.

1. rexnewman Win User

Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer

Hi. How can find a driver that allows me to see my iPhone in File Explorer?

Device hardware ID's...
    USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&REV_0601&MI_00
    USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&MI_00

Recently I upgraded the storage on my PC. I have a fresh install of Windows 10, with no third-party security software running. Before the reinstall, the iPhone appeared in File Explorer. Using the same cable, I can see the iPhone in File Explorer on another Windows 10 PC.

I did not want to use iTunes, but I installed it anyway for troubleshooting. When connecting the iPhone, iTunes opens, and sees the phone.

The iPhone shows up as "Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device" in Control Panel, Hardware, Devices. In Device Manager, "Apple Mobile Device" shows up under USB devices, but under "Other Devices" there is an "iPhone" entry with a yellow "!". (I got the above hardware ID's from this "Other Device".)

So far I've tried uninstalling Apple devices in Device Manager, rebooting, and updating the driver, pointing to the path "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers," but the "Other Devices" iPhone still has a yellow "!" and I don't see the device in File Explorer.

I've looked at a lot of support threads and followed a lot of leads, but so far nothing worked. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

rexnewman, Nov 27, 2018
  2. cheukyung Win User

MOV Video File from iPhone 7 cannot be found in Win 10

I have the following equipment:
    • iphone 7 (iOS version 10.2.1; storage: 256GB)
    • notebook A (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    • notebook B (Windows 10 Home, with sufficient harddisk storage)
    The iphone contains some image and video files including one .MOV file with size 4.6GB.

1. When I connect the iphone to notebook A by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files can be viewed except the .MOV file (as if it does not exist).
    2. When I connect the iphone to notebook B by USB cord, in windows explorer all the files including the .MOV file can be viewed.
    My question is: Why can't the file be shown in Windows sometimes? Any setting in Windows 10 may have impact on this?
    Thanks!

cheukyung, Nov 27, 2018
  3. IPhone doesn't appear in file explorer in win 10

Windows+E does not list my iPhone.

My iPhone is connected to my HP computer by USB cable - but File Explorer doesn't recognise the iPhone connection.

This means I cannot transfer photos from the phone to the computer.

How do I proceed?

NEVILLETHOMAS, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot iPhone File

2. Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer: Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer. I used to view my iPhone pictures one by one from file explorer and then select which ones to copy to my pc. I did it in this Jul and it worked properly. But recently, I got an error “Photos can’t open this file because...
  3. Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer: Problem:I have a user who cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer. The computer is on Windows 10 Enterprise, winver 22H2.Here is what she is doing:1. She downloads zipped PDF file to C:\Downloads.2. She right clicks the file and chooses Extract All and extracts file to her...
  4. Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer: Problem:I have a user who cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer. The computer is on Windows 10 Enterprise, winver 22H2.Here is what she is doing:1. She downloads zipped PDF file to C:\Downloads.2. She right clicks the file and chooses Extract All and extracts file to her...
  5. Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer

6. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  7. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer: I have a folder that contains screenshots from my iPhone. Their file type is PNG. When using File Explorer I select Preview Pane ON, but it will NOT show a preview of my file. Interestingly, it WILL show the file if I'm logged in as an Administrator. Surely there's a way to...
  8. iPhone Screenshots and File Explorer

9. Cannot see the file names on File Explorer

Cannot see the file names on File Explorer: When I open File Explorer I only see icons showing the type of the files. I cannot see my file names and other details like date saved etc. This happened after I updated Windows 10 to its last version....
  10. Explorer cannot see a file but kompozer can !

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer cannot see a file but kompozer can !: I just created an html file with Kompozer and saved it to the C: drive root. Then tried to upload it to the web but the file uploader browsing function from the host there didn't display the file. So I looked with Explorer and it couldn't see it, either. So I closed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see iphone on w10

2. iphone file explorer network

3. cannot see iphone in explorer

4. how to see iphone in file explorer,
  5. cannot see my microsoft phone in file explorer