Windows 10: Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Discus and support Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jpanzo, Oct 18, 2015.

1. jpanzo Win User

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Hi all,

My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer.

For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand corner). When the computer starts up, John is already selected to login and just has to input his password.

Also, when logged in as John, you are not able to see the "Switch User" button when clicking on the top left button of the start menu.

I have tried following already:
    • Running the "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbos" script in the command prompt
    • Using the lusrmgr.msc to add the users

I have attached a screenshot that shows how there are multiple users on the computer, but there is no "Switch User" option available.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Thank you,
    John Panzo

:)

jpanzo, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot see login options for other users when facial recognition is enabled

We appreciate your response. Since the issue still persists, for in-depth assistance regarding your concern, we recommend that you
    contact support for Admin Help. Kindly follow the steps in this
    article.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 18, 2015
  3. 8DWDW8 Win User
    Cannot see login options for other users when facial recognition is enabled

Hi Rose,

Im global admin on both 365 and azure.

Now found same issue on a surface book. User has just left he company and we've no way to login with any other account. Looks like may have to wipe the device.

DW

8DWDW8, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

1. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users - Similar Threads - Cannot login users

2. Cannot switch user to login and open computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot switch user to login and open computer: Cannot switch user to login and open computer. Was never asked for an outlook.com password before. This is an older desktop, never had this problem before.......
  3. Cannot switch user to login and open computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot switch user to login and open computer: Cannot switch user to login and open computer. Was never asked for an outlook.com password before. This is an older desktop, never had this problem before.......
  4. Cannot switch user to login and open computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Slow other user login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow other user login: Heed help solving this issue with a very slow other users login.My login to the desktop takes about 3-5 seconds and another 15 seconds for some programs to load, which is great however, when I switch to another user or log off and switch to another user, the login takes 30...
  6. User switching / login not possibe

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User switching / login not possibe: After following this in order to try fixing other problems, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-to-restore-default-security-permissions/ab58f918-da72-42c0-ba71-161d52b73d46 I can no longer see my other users on the system....
  7. Other user cannot login

Other user cannot login: Hi everyone, I am going to attempt to keep this as short and as simple as possible. On Friday last week (5 days ago) i agreed for my laptop to shut down and update. Leaving it on charge to do so. On Tuesday (yesterday) i made an attempt to turn my laptop on to log in and...
  8. other user login issue

other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  9. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...
  10. Auto login then switch user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...