Windows 10: Cannot see merged cell in Microsoft Word document when sent via WhatsApp

Discus and support Cannot see merged cell in Microsoft Word document when sent via WhatsApp in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I hope someone can help me. A document created in Microsoft Word was sent to me via WhatsApp. When I opened the document in my iOS phone I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jing Er, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Jing Er Win User

Cannot see merged cell in Microsoft Word document when sent via WhatsApp

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

A document created in Microsoft Word was sent to me via WhatsApp. When I opened the document in my iOS phone I cannot see the merged cells. ie. Some rows are merged in the original document but what I see is just the words in the first row while the other rows are blank. When I opened the same document using my laptop, I can see the merged cells. See pic attached.

Why does this happen and what can I or the sender do so I can see the meeged cells in iPS devices?

Thank you very much.

Cannot see merged cell in Microsoft Word document when sent via WhatsApp [​IMG]

:)

Jing Er, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

Sure, you can save them wherever you want.

In my old Office 2007, I open Word, click on File (button, top left) the Word Options button at bottom.

Then click on the Save option at left and change the Default file location:

I don't know the steps for other versions of Office but it should be similar.

You can also use the File, Save as each time and select where you want to save a document.

Ztruker, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Ray.TJ Win User
    Merging Word files

I want to merge several separate Word text files into one (large) document. I have selected the final document in Word 10 and clicked Insert. However neither 'object' nor 'file' appear in the list of options as was anticipated . Help/advice please

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Oct 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot see merged cell in Microsoft Word document when sent via WhatsApp - Similar Threads - Cannot merged cell

2. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  3. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  4. Cannot open word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open word documents: When I try to open a word document in a file, the circular blue buffering symbol replaces my cursor and the folder grays out and "Not Responding" appears next to the folder name. The file never opens and I have to close out of the folder. I have no problem opening pdfs, excel...
  5. WhatsApp on a desktop - documentation ?

WhatsApp on a desktop - documentation ?: Is there any official documentation in regards to running WhatsApp on a desktop please ? I saw a post from a few years ago, and it mentioned a dual boot solution. This is the link on the Microsoft site; there doesn't appear to be any documentation though -...
  6. Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder: Using Win 10 on Dell desktop PC Is there a way for documents in Microsoft WordPad and other word processors to be saved to my desktop directly rather than the default which is to Documents? 163438
  7. Cannot retrieve Word document

Cannot retrieve Word document: I have lost a previously saved Word document that I was in the middle of editing. I have tried to restore a previous version but cannot find it, and it is not in the Recycle Bin. What else can I try?...
  8. Mail Merge in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail Merge in Microsoft Word: The mail merge in my Microsoft Word Program suddenly quit being able to make labels or envelopes. If I click on either of those options, it just grinds away and never allows me to continue. It will do directories and letters....
  9. cannot see sent items in mail box

cannot see sent items in mail box: No items sent in my mail box ... How can I find them thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-sent-items-in-mail-box/6e8235b5-9281-4cd5-84a9-f3c6ceff0c9b
  10. Word documents that cannot be deleted

Word documents that cannot be deleted: I have some word documents that I am trying to delete, but am unable to because it says they are open in WINWORD.EXE. WINWORD is not open. How do I get these docs deleted. I have already deleted the temp files that it would allow me to delete. There are 2 temp files that it...