Windows 10: Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive

Discus and support Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a fire wire Lacie external fitted, working well with prior versions. Now can't see the drive in Win10 - whether file explorer of for saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christopher, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive

I have a fire wire Lacie external fitted, working well with prior versions.
    Now can't see the drive in Win10 - whether file explorer of for saving files
    Is a Firewire connection a problem?

:)

Christopher, Aug 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 and Raid

has anyone had this happen to them?

I had an external HDD in Raid1 O: drive Lacie plugged into a Firewire 800 card and I have a Raid5 D: drive on my desktop.

I selected my O: drive named Lacie and reformatted it all went well.

The next day I went to access my D: Drive and it was gone also.

Any one have this done to them?

IS this come kind of fluke, Bug or Flaw with Windows 10?

Luckily I had the D: drive backed up so I could mount it back onto the D: drive and didn't lose anything except what I had just put on there from the external drive which wasn't much.

I also noticed that when I had 2 of the External drives on 1 thru USB 2.0 and the other thru the Firewire card it acted weird on windows 10 I shut off the one on the Firewire until I was done with the on the USB. The one on the Firewire did not show up and
    my screen was flickering once in a while.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Miked19602, Aug 10, 2015
  3. JodaJoda Win User
    LaCie 4Big Quadra external RAID connected to eSATA - not detected by Windows 10

My LaCie 4Big Quadra 8TB RAID has been working flawlessly under Win 7 through eSATA, but my new Win 10 setup doesn't detect it. The LaCie box works completely normal using USB or Firewire 400 from the Win 10 machine. Also, my other external RAID (a 12TB
    Icy Box) works without problems on the same machine using eSATA.

I've tried the "standard" checks, e.g. the "Scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager without any luck. The LaCie box shows up in Device Manager though, but trying to scan for a driver update (on Internet) doesn't bring any result.

Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive [​IMG]

Any good ideas folks?

Kind regards,

JodaJoda, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive

I have found the device in Control Panel>Devices and Printers > Devices
    Checking properties it tells me it is working - but still I cannot find it in File Explorer or when I want to open or save a file. Frustrating as I also use this drive for back up *Confused

5. robgr Win User
    Look in computer management/Disk Management to check if you can see it here
    Sometimes Windows get's confused assigning drive letters, you can reassign a different drive letter from here
    Might be nothing to do with the Win10UG per se

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Thanks robgr - is that in Control Panel - can't find computer management/Disk Management there
    The drive was fine in WIN7 and prior versions so that is why I suspect the upgrade.
    It does show in Settings>Devices but that doesn't give any option to manage the device
    It also shows in Device Manager>Disk Drives. Double clicking i learn " This device is working properly. "
    - clicked up date driver and received the message that the driver was up to date.

7. robgr Win User
    Hi Christopher
    Yes, it's in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management
    If you do change the drive letter and it doesn't appear immediately relaunch Explorer
    If still no joy then restart Explorer (from Task Manager)

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  8. robgr Win User

Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive

Location is very similar to Win7

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  9. mmmm I have -
    Drive 0 which is my C drive
    2,3,4 and 5 are all Removable - no media
    and a CD ROM
    And that's it
    I thought I would try unplugging and then plugging back in (Lacie) - the PC made some nice glugging sounds - that's all
    I am going to try unplugging and rebooting without Lacie and then connect and see what happens.

10. robgr Win User
    May be worth checking for an updated driver from the manufacture (first see if Windows can update the driver)

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  11. bobkn Win User
    It has been a long time since I used a 1394 (Firewire) drive, but I vaguely recall that the controller showed up in Device Manager with the hard disk controllers.

I guess that you need drivers. As you haven't seen fit to supply any information about your system, it's not possible to help you find them.

bobkn, Aug 11, 2015
  12. My LACIE is very old and, in truth, not big enough now for use as a back up.
    I have decided to replace it with a 1tb disk that should last a while - also with USB connection should be no problem to see it Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive :)
    Many thanks for all the advice/comments

Christopher, Aug 11, 2015
  13. bobkn Win User

Make sure that you get a USB 3.1 drive to futureproof it.

(Approximately 98% joking.)

bobkn, Aug 11, 2015
  14. bjorn1 Win User
    I got a Lacie Quadra 1TB with both Firewire, Esata and USB2 connection. I can see it in the boot and in Device Manager, but not in Explorer nor Disk Manager when using Firewire or Esata connection. But in USB mode it works just fine. But of course I'd prefer using Esata...

bjorn1, Aug 27, 2015
  15. I now have a USB version, 1tb.
    I needed it any way as I also needed much more space, the prior model purchased nearer 20 years ago.
    So all is well for me now.

Christopher, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive - Similar Threads - Cannot Lacie Firewire

2. LaCie not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LaCie not recognised: Hello,I am having trouble with my LaCie hard drive not being recognised by Windows. When I go into devices and printers it shows that it’s there and that it’s healthy hard drive but still nothing. I have tried multiple usb-c and usb cables and different devices and it’s the...
  3. LaCie not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LaCie not recognised: Hello,I am having trouble with my LaCie hard drive not being recognised by Windows. When I go into devices and printers it shows that it’s there and that it’s healthy hard drive but still nothing. I have tried multiple usb-c and usb cables and different devices and it’s the...
  4. One drive hacked, cannot see my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive hacked, cannot see my files: hello. i have been fighting hackers for 3 weeks now. i made a temporary account because they were changing settingsin my main account. in the temp account they changed all kinds of settings. a window came up and said another office appchanged my privacy settings for my new...
  5. One drive hacked, cannot see my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive hacked, cannot see my files: hello. i have been fighting hackers for 3 weeks now. i made a temporary account because they were changing settingsin my main account. in the temp account they changed all kinds of settings. a window came up and said another office appchanged my privacy settings for my new...
  6. One drive hacked, cannot see my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. cannot access Lacie NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access Lacie NAS: i have a Lacie NAS and cant remember my login details to access it via the web portal is there a way I can acccess it locally via ethernet so I can access the files I cant reset the device as I have photos which I want to keep on it If I took the device out of the nas...
  8. LaCie Hard Drive not recognized by Windows 10

LaCie Hard Drive not recognized by Windows 10: In the last 24hours, 2 separate Windows 10 computers, no longer recognize my LaCie '2tb LaCie 2big triple interface 7200rpm usb' connected via the USB2 interface. Despite moving the cable around to different USB ports, no luck. Fortunately, i had an older laptop still...
  9. lacie external hard drive

lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  10. My PC cannot see C: drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC cannot see C: drive: Yesterday my PC screen started flickering and then the computer froze. I saw a black boot screen with a message that there is a disk error and I need to install OS. OK, I installed OS but drive C still shows an error and I can’t sign in my Windows account. I did all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not recognize lacie hard drive

2. windows 10 firewire 800 lacie harddisk driver missing

3. why cant i see my lacie harddisk on windows

4. connected lacie drive cannot see windows 10 com4