Windows 10: Cannot see my PC on my network

Discus and support Cannot see my PC on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have four Windows 10 PCs and a network attached storage unit. Only one PC can see the other pcs and NAS iin the system. All of the other PCS only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by le_flyer, May 18, 2019.

1. le_flyer Win User

Cannot see my PC on my network

I have four Windows 10 PCs and a network attached storage unit. Only one PC can see the other pcs and NAS iin the system. All of the other PCS only can see themselves. One pc was just converted from windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro and a clean install was done to accomplish this.

All of the units and ping and map to the other units. I have done the following:

• reset network setting on all pcs
    • Reinstalled Windows and did a repair on all of the other PCs.
    • Checked/Reset services SSDP Discover, UPnP Device Host, DHCP Client, DNS Client, turned on all three SMB options, restarted Function Discovery Provider Host, and Function Discovery Resource Publication. These services are all set to run Automatically or Automatic-triggered
    • Verified that network discovery is on and password sharing is off on all pcs
    • I can ping both pcs and access by IP or by name (\\computer name)
    • Verified all PCs are in the same wrokgroup
    • All PCs are running Windows Defender. Reset that.

Sometimes if I restart the Function Discovery Resource Publication and Function Discovery Provider Host services, then each PC may see itself. However, they still will not see the others in the workgroup.

I would appreciate any feedback. Nothing seems to be working.

This problem did not begin until I changed the Windows 7 PC, which was the master browser, to Windows 10.

Depending on which PCs boots first, it will become the Master Browser.

:)

le_flyer, May 18, 2019
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, May 18, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 18, 2019
  4. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot see my PC on my network - Similar Threads - Cannot network

2. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  3. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.: I have a Dell e7440 running Windows 10 that has been my daily workhorse. It’s never failed me until now. I popped in a USB drive just to check what was on it and when I safely removed it, my Wi-Fi stopped seeing my router. All my other devices still work no problem, but the...
  4. Dell e7440 cannot find home Wi-Fi network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network: I'm trying to move my webserver to the outer tier router in my 3-tier network. Presently, it only works on the inner tier:I have a fiber connection with ONT feeding a NVG468MQ router. Behind that router I have a Linsys WRT3200ACM. Behind that, I have a second WRT3200ACM. My...
  6. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network: I'm trying to move my webserver to the outer tier router in my 3-tier network. Presently, it only works on the inner tier:I have a fiber connection with ONT feeding a NVG468MQ router. Behind that router I have a Linsys WRT3200ACM. Behind that, I have a second WRT3200ACM. My...
  7. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...: Recently I was playing a game on Game pass and I ran into a random blue screen, before I could see what the exact words were on the BSOD my computer automatically restarted.When I booted my PC again it would not detect my WIFI at all with only flight mode being available to...
  9. Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...

Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...: Recently I was playing a game on Game pass and I ran into a random blue screen, before I could see what the exact words were on the BSOD my computer automatically restarted.When I booted my PC again it would not detect my WIFI at all with only flight mode being available to...
  10. Network Adapter and High definition Audio controllers not working correctly and I cannot...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see pc on network may 1903 update

2. cannot see my windows pro pc on home network