Windows 10: Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11

Discus and support Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and when I go into my BIOS in legacy boot I can see my SSD and boot from it but when I change it to secure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NathanMeinzer, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and when I go into my BIOS in legacy boot I can see my SSD and boot from it but when I change it to secure boot/UEFI and disable legacy boot I am unable to see my SSD. I cannot boot back into my PC with secure boot enable because it cannot detect any drives. I have been trying to find a solution online but nothing has worked or shown to work. I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard and a Samsung 850 series 250GB Evo drive with a AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU.

:)

NathanMeinzer, Oct 8, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 8, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 8, 2021
  4. JohnC Win User

Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11

UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

I would go with what is showing in the Bios. If it says that the secure boot keys are loaded then it is on. I'm running the insider build and under System info it says secure boot is unsupported, but it is on and the keys are loaded in my UEFI BIOS. I think this is what the OP is saying. The only other thing that came to mind is if bitlocker was confused with secure boot, they are totally different. To check system info WIN + R type msinfo32 , hit OK.

This is a partial listing.

Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11 [​IMG]

JohnC, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11

1. Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot SSD BIOS

2. Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11: I'm trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. However, whenever I do try to enable it Secure boot on, standard mode and apply the updates, I just get a black screen that lasts for hours. The only way I'm able to get back into my PC is by unplugging my ssd, disabling secure...
  3. Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11: I'm trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. However, whenever I do try to enable it Secure boot on, standard mode and apply the updates, I just get a black screen that lasts for hours. The only way I'm able to get back into my PC is by unplugging my ssd, disabling secure...
  4. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11: Hello!I've recevently been trying to get Secure Boot enabled on my machine, and I am at a bit of a loss. This came about as I was getting error "PCR7 binding is not supported..." error for device encryption, and after some research it seems like the likely culprit was that my...
  5. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11

Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11: Hello!I've recevently been trying to get Secure Boot enabled on my machine, and I am at a bit of a loss. This came about as I was getting error "PCR7 binding is not supported..." error for device encryption, and after some research it seems like the likely culprit was that my...
  6. Cannot Upgrade To Windows 11/Secure Boot Enabled, Still Receive Error

Cannot Upgrade To Windows 11/Secure Boot Enabled, Still Receive Error: I am trying to update from Windows 10 to 11 but I get an error that I cannot because Secure Boot is not enabled. Secure Boot was initially set to Off but I changed the setting in my BIOS from Off to Windows UEFI, however, after restarting several times, I still get the same...
  7. secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled: Hi guys, so i disabled csm mode and enabled secure boot in bios, but it still says its inactive, it tells me i have to do a "platform reset". What does that mean and how do i do that. ps: somehow i was able to get windows 11 with csm which apparently was not possible, and I...
  8. secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled

secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled: Hi guys, so i disabled csm mode and enabled secure boot in bios, but it still says its inactive, it tells me i have to do a "platform reset". What does that mean and how do i do that. ps: somehow i was able to get windows 11 with csm which apparently was not possible, and I...
  9. Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11

Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and when I go into my BIOS in legacy boot I can see my SSD and boot from it but when I change it to secure boot/UEFI and disable legacy boot I am unable to see my SSD. I cannot boot back into my PC with secure boot enable because it cannot...
  10. Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot see my SSD in BIOS when enabling secure boot to upgrade to Windows 11: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11 and when I go into my BIOS in legacy boot I can see my SSD and boot from it but when I change it to secure boot/UEFI and disable legacy boot I am unable to see my SSD. I cannot boot back into my PC with secure boot enable because it cannot...