Windows 10: Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...

Discus and support Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Little funny I was just asked this 3 days ago for a family member being a Sr. Security engineer and it stumped me though I did not spend to much time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jakesusnik, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...

Little funny I was just asked this 3 days ago for a family member being a Sr. Security engineer and it stumped me though I did not spend to much time.

Now today I was on my hotspot and was performing a pentest but got disconnected? Go to reconnect but could not find my SSID nor could i connect to it through Hidden networks yet My other device connected was still connected. Turned hotspot off and back on and other device connected by not pentesting machine? Tried adding to whitelist but no change?

netsh wlan dump

# ----------------------------------------
    # Wireless LAN configuration
    pushd wlan

# Allow filter list

add filter permission=allow ssid="DeCypher" networktype="Infrastructure"

# Block filter list

popd
    # End of Wireless LAN Configuration

Changed SSID on hotspot and showed up? Ok there has to be something in Windows 10 that is blocking this but what? If it is not Windows how would just changing SSID resolve this?

:)

jakesusnik, Jan 21, 2020

2. Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please help!

Please help! On my Win 10 PC I can't see any of my WiFi SSIDs! The 3 SSIDs on my new WiFi router all work great with my other dozens of home devices including 3 other Win 10 laptops and a Win 10 desktop ( and lots of MacOS and Linux devices). But my gaming
    machine, a Lenovo y700 laptop does not see any of these new SSIDs! This laptop does however see all of my neighbor's wifi access points and it is able to tether wifi to my iPhone's SSID. So I know the wifi hardware and software stack are working, but just
    not on these 3 SSIDs! I have tried every step in https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues without any success. Why can't this laptop see those specific 3 SSIDs? Note, these SSID names are the same names I gave to
    the 3 SSIDs on my old wifi router. Could there be some UUID-related issue here blocking access to "protect me"? None of my other Win10 machines had problems with that though. They all connect nicely to these SSIDs. Also possibly relevant, I had been using
    PIA VPN software on this machine. I uninstalled it before running through the steps above, but it did not help. Just mentioned it for completeness How can I fix this? Is a complete Win 10 reinstall my only way out?

SadWin10Customer, Jan 21, 2020
  3. After Win10 Upgrade No SSIDs are listed Even Broadcast SSIDs

Has anyone seen this problem: after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 no SSIDs show in Wi-Fi. For example, my router broadcasts its SSID but it does not appear in the Wi-Fi Access Point list. Note this does not seem to be a signal strength problem
    as the laptop can be 3 feet from the router and the SSID does not show. My android tablet has no problem seeing a list of SSIDs. After powering-on the laptop frequently the status of Wi-Fi is "not available". But sometimes it is.

Note that before the upgrade to Win 10 there were no problems with connecting and maintaining Wi-Fi connections. After the Win10 upgrade Wi-Fi performance has been intermittent..

Nothing shows unless it is added manually. For example, I have been able to manually add my router which uses WPA2-Personal security. But the local open SSID for the library does not show and even after adding it manually will not connect.

I have run sfc.exe. I have uninstalled with deletion the drivers for the Wi-Fi adapter. I then let Win10 find the hardware and install the driver. This was done with an Ethernet connection to the internet. I have not upgraded to Build 10586.

I have an 11g/n USB adapter. I plug that into a USB slot and it finds a list of available SSIDs. I can connect to any of them which are open or when I have the password.

Has anyone seen a problem like this? Is there some cache or registry key that needs to be cleared or updated? Going back to Windows 8.1 is not an option as the upgrade was more than 30 days ago. I also do not want to go back to 8.1. Except for this Wi-Fi
    problem on the laptop I like Win10.

Steve

Tigerg2000, Jan 21, 2020
  4. murlon123 Win User

Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...

Windows 10 WIFI ssids

Hi,

Its a suggestion to Microsoft.

When you hover the cursor on the networks, it just shows the available SSIDS right. If its a secured network, just display a LOCK symbol on the SSID name. SO users can easily understand its a secured network. If its a unsecured network don't show the lock
    symbol on the SSID name.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Muru

murlon123, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...

1. Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please... - Similar Threads - Cannot SSIDs neighbor's

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I had the same problem and the fix is to delete the Trigger for FDResPub as follows:Delete The Trigger For FDResPubDeleting trigger for Function Discovery Resource Publication service to fix the network computer not showing up issues.Open the command prompt with administrator...
  5. SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I had the same problem and the fix is to delete the Trigger for FDResPub as follows:Delete The Trigger For FDResPubDeleting trigger for Function Discovery Resource Publication service to fix the network computer not showing up issues.Open the command prompt with administrator...
  6. SOLUTION for Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

7. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  8. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...
  9. Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...

Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...: Please help! On my Win 10 PC I can't see any of my WiFi SSIDs! The 3 SSIDs on my new WiFi router all work great with my other dozens of home devices including 3 other Win 10 laptops and a Win 10 desktop ( and lots of MacOS and Linux devices). But my gaming machine, a Lenovo...
  10. Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network: Hello, Just wondered if anybody can help me sort out this problem which I have. I have Bt infinity 2 with a BT hub 5 router which enables me to have either a 2.4 GHZ or a 5GHZ wifi my problem is that it see's and connects to the 2.4GHZ but does not see the 5GHZ one ,...