Windows 10: Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface 4 Pro with Windows 10. I have two DLink NAS drives and in my old PC when I looked in Windows Explorer/Network I could see them and map... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Larry Gru, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Larry Gru Win User

Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer

I have a Surface 4 Pro with Windows 10.
    I have two DLink NAS drives and in my old PC when I looked in Windows Explorer/Network I could see them and map them to a drive.

Now when I look in Network in Windows Explorer I can only see printers and routers but no NAS units.
    When I click on Map network drive and click browse I only see "Network" and no further detail when I double click on it. The drives are connected and working and are in the same workgroup as my PC. I can access the NAS web portal through Microsoft Edge by typing in the LAN IP address but can't seem to get my Surface to see them via Windows Explorer.

Any help gratefully received.

Gerard

:)

Larry Gru, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Frn747 Win User

Network drive not showing in elevated apps

Hi everybody,

I am using W10 Home and I have just done a clean install and I am in the process of customizing the system to my needs.

The problem I step into is this:
    I connected a new network drive from within Windows Explorer and if I open:
    - Command prompt window: Drive exist and it is listed by NET USE
    - Admin command prompt window: Drive DOESN'T exist and it is NOT listed by NET USE

I also use FreeCommander. When I launch it the UAC asks for my confirmation and the network drive doesn't show either.

I know it sounds stupid but I can't figure out what happens... *Confused

Thanks!

Frn747, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot network drives

2. Windows 11 Cannot see shared folders in File Explorer under Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Cannot see shared folders in File Explorer under Network: I recently installed Windows 11 Home v. 10.0.22000 Build 22000 on a 500 GB M.2 drive on my new computer called Win11. Shared folders have appeared on occasion under Network in File Explorer but they disappear next time I open File Explorer. I can see a shared folder by typing...
  3. My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer: My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer BUT other PCs on same network can see the all others including themselves. What is wrong with my PC? I have tried all of the usual things in Services ( 4 different ones ), Firewall on & off, etc. Any suggestions please. 168386
  4. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  5. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...
  6. windows application cannot see network drive

windows application cannot see network drive: I have a fairly new computer with windows 10. I have a network drive ( "P" drive ) which is on another computer. I can see and access the "P" drive from the file explorer. However I have an application which does not see any of the network drives. This application is quite...
  7. Cannot see computers on Explorer > Network

Cannot see computers on Explorer > Network: I have 4 computers, a WD 2100 NAS and a HDR Fox T2 DVR connected to my network. Two of the computers, a Surface Pro and an HP Pro Book 470 G4 laptop are both running W10 1809 Pro and fully patched and connected by WiFi. The other two are desktop computers and are an Acer...
  8. Home Network - Cannot See Drives

Home Network - Cannot See Drives: I have 2 MyCloud Mirror devices attached to my home network. When I open "Network" - I see 2 x Media Devices and 2 x Storage Devices but no drives. Previously I had seen all drives - I can still see some drives on "Quick Access"", but are missing drives such as...
  9. Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer

Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer: Hello: Lately, I am having trouble Mapping one of my Network Drives in Windows Explorer. A long time ago (early Windows 10 and before) I could simply click on "Network" and it would bring up my Drive (among others), I would click on it (right click as I recall) and it would...
  10. Cannot see wireless networks

Cannot see wireless networks: I am unable to connect to the internet. The problem started after I tried to restart my network settings (for unrelated reasons). Once my computer restarted, I was no longer able to see any wireless networks in the toolbar, nor can I see any available networks to connect to...