Windows 10: Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V

Discus and support Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Cannot see any option on HYPER-V to INSTALL an OS ????!!. The management and configuration screens come up but HOW do I install the OS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V

Hi there

Cannot see any option on HYPER-V to INSTALL an OS ????!!. The management and configuration screens come up but HOW do I install the OS and Start the VM !!!

Using WINDOWS 10 as HOST.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 6, 2014
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Oct 6, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Oct 6, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

adamf, Oct 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Cannot see option Install Operating System on HYPER-V - Similar Threads - Cannot option Install

2. Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V: [ATTACH]While booting a Hyper-V virtual machine, if you get No operating system was loaded error, this guide will help you fix the issue. You cannot install your OS on the virtual machine unless or until you fix this problem since it without the ISO, it won’t load the...
  3. No sleep options on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No sleep options on Hyper-V: I installed 2 machines on Hyper-V and none of them have the Sleep options under "Power Options". Is there a fix? Thanks 178766
  4. Installing operating systems under Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing operating systems under Hyper-V: How do I install MS-DOS in Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-operating-systems-under-hyper-v/66ed2c4c-433a-4621-bfc5-601c3419b785
  5. Hyper V Platform cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V Platform cannot be installed: Ok so the error is that hyper v cannot be installed because virtualization is disabled in the firmware. But I Do enable the virtualization in bios and yet no result! It still says that virtualization is not disabled. Any idea of what might be wrong?...
  6. Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.

Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.: Not a big deal as easy enough to get round issue but I discovered something odd when using rdp. I have a vm and in enhanced mode, it is sett up to show host drives in the VM and this works fine. If I remote connect to Host using Splashtop, I can see the Host drives in...
  7. Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?

Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?: All I see when I right click my servers is "reset" and there is no reboot option. Reset isn't the same, right? So how can I reboot as opposed to resetting? 72397
  8. Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly"

Hyper-V Default Switch Extension "Not operating correctly": Hello everyone. I just got force fed the 1709 Build 16299.64 update and I am having a problem with the new Default Switch that is a part of the Hyper-V. When I go to look at the settings I see an error about the Microsoft Azure VFP Switch Extension as it says down below "The...
  9. Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v

Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v: I am trying to install Ubuntu 1704 through Hyper V. It seems to go easily until I select the command to go ahead and install Ubuntu. Then things go wrong. I get the following error messages as shown in the attachment. It says that file...
  10. HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!: Hi there Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely). Cannot install programs. This seems a bit daft - I can't always be at the console of the HOST machine - I usually access VM's remotely anyway. cheers...
Tags: