Windows 10: Cannot see other computers icons

Discus and support Cannot see other computers icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, I have the latest version of Windows 10 1809. In File Explorer under Network Icon I can see only the name of my computer but NOT the names of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by teantan, Jan 6, 2019.

1. teantan Win User

Cannot see other computers icons

HI,

I have the latest version of Windows 10 1809. In File Explorer under Network Icon I can see only the name of my computer but NOT the names of the other computers connected to the network. It does not occur on the other computers. Any idea how to fix this? Thks.

:)

teantan, Jan 6, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jan 6, 2019
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Cannot see other computers icons

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot see other computers icons

1. Cannot see other computers icons - Similar Threads - Cannot computers icons

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  5. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  6. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

7. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  8. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  9. Cannot see other computers on private network

Cannot see other computers on private network: I am trying to set up my home network so I can access my other computers' files from one computer. I currently have 2 computers. Computer A Main and Computer B Secondary both on Private network. Computer B is able to see all of the shared folders Computer A has set AND...
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...