Windows 10: Cannot see other PC on home network

Discus and support Cannot see other PC on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LilBro, Sep 15, 2019.

1. LilBro Win User

Cannot see other PC on home network

I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the instructions to share folders and drives, going to Everyone. Network Discovery is turned on. So, what am I missing?

:)

LilBro, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Groggubus Win User

Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, Sep 15, 2019
  3. wortex Win User
    My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Cannot see other PC on home network

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Cannot see other PC on home network

1. Cannot see other PC on home network - Similar Threads - Cannot home network

2. Cannot see other pc on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  3. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  4. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  5. New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  6. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  7. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  8. PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other

PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other: I have 2 machines, 1 Windoze 7 Pro 32bit and 1 Windoze 10 Home 64 bit both wire connected to the same router. No matter what I do, the machines can't see each other. That includes all the sharing options, advanced, etc. All Allows are checked and I have admin rights on both...
  9. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...
  10. Cannot see other computer shares on home network

Cannot see other computer shares on home network: I just re-installed Windows 10 clean on my wife's computer. Network Discovery is turned on but I cannot see other computers on my home network. When I enter the UNC path to any network share I get the following: "You don't have permission to access the share". This...