Windows 10: Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok

Discus and support Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having network problems. I cannot connect to my router(192.168.0.1). However I can ping the device ok. Any ideas would be appreciated. 105641 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MervB, Mar 7, 2018.

1. MervB Win User

Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok

Having network problems. I cannot connect to my router(192.168.0.1). However I can ping the device ok.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

MervB, Mar 7, 2018
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

win 10 - will not let me run safemode with network

Ok. Can you please perform all the below and share each outcome?

1) ping 127.0.0.1 + enter

2) ping 192.168.0.10 + enter

3) pint 192.168.0.1 + enter

4) ping 172.217.21.4 + enter

5) ping www.google.com + enter

Thanks

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Mar 7, 2018
  3. WiFi connectivity

Have a Desktop with a broadband internet connection with a dedicated modem, which gives out router IP Address of 192.168.1.1 and the DHCP gives my LAN card a IP Add of 192.168.1.2 and I can connect to the internet using PPPoE protocol without any problem.
    The modem can connect either through LAN or USB and either way the internet connection works OK. Now I have a wifi modem which has a router address (changeable) of 192.168.0.1 and its DHCP gives out addresses of 192.168.0.100 onwards (changeable). The wireless
    LAN registers all its clients and in the status page lists LAN id of 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and shows WAN id of 192.168.1.1 (static) but none of the LAN clients can connect to the internet. The mobile devices connect to other wifi hotspots
    and can get on the internet without any problem. Using the command prompt, I can ping 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.1 (default gateway), 192.168.0.100, 192.168.0.1 (wifi router gateway) and even www.microsoft.com but still the wifi clients cannot connect to the internet.
    Short of changing the wifi router have tried every trick in the book. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions please.

G.R.Vidyaranya, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. What happens when you try error message? is your ip in the range 192.168.0 X ? have you tried another browser and turing off anti virus as some router run javascript which may be blocked by AV

Samuria, Mar 7, 2018
  5. MervB Win User
    Hi, no error messages and the IP is 192.168.0.1.
    It had worked fine on this unit until several weeks ago.
    Firefox works fine, the problem seems to be with Edge.

MervB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok - Similar Threads - Cannot router 192

2. Can see router but can't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  3. Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers)

Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers): Version 2004 I have 2 computers (Dell and Lenovo) on my home network, which were connected to a Netgear router via ethernet cable. I had enabled file / print sharing across these and was able to access files on the hard drives on the respective PCs. Yesterday I replaced...
  4. Wi-fi and internet working, but cannot ping router

Wi-fi and internet working, but cannot ping router: Windows 10, Verizon FIOS router 3-4 years old. I can easily connect to the internet via wireless - however I have never successfully connected to our printer, which is in another room, connected to the router via ethernet, and has a static IP address. I finally got fed up...
  5. win 10 cannot see dlink router

win 10 cannot see dlink router: I am trying to add a wireless dlink DIR-842 duel band router to my windows 10 system. It is not picked up in device manager and i have tried re- setting. All my other devices pick it up and set up was easy on my UBUNTU laptop,and huawi tablet and phone. I need this addapter...
  6. Connection not working, ping is OK

Connection not working, ping is OK: Hello from France, For about 1 week my internet connection is not working anymore : I can ping any website but I can't browse the internet, neither with Edge, nor Firefox or any other browser. What is strange is that everything seems to work according to the network...
  7. How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?: My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router. But the router doesn't list it. And I can't ping it. And it doesn't ping my machine at home ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200 which is our lan subnet alright. when he...
  8. How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?: My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router. But the router doesn't list it. And I can't ping it. And it doesn't ping my machine at home ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200 which is our lan subnet alright. when he...
  9. Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router!: I have installed a Win10 Hyper-v machine in my windows 10 system and cannot get this thing to connect to the internet I can get as far as the router, in other words from the VM I can ping the router; in reality it doesn't matter what IP address I try to ping, if I ping...
  10. Computer can and can't see router

Computer can and can't see router: I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. I was running my TalkTalk router successfully both wirelessly and hardwired. Occasionally I would go off-line for no reason. Leave it a few hours I was back. I complained and was given a new router. Plugged it in and it was seen by my phone...