Windows 10: Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

Discus and support Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Win10 installed on my laptop and also on a VirtualBox VM. I have several folders shared on the VM. When I try to view the shares on the VM from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bazsl, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Bazsl Win User

Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

I have Win10 installed on my laptop and also on a VirtualBox VM. I have several folders shared on the VM. When I try to view the shares on the VM from my laptop I get the Windows Security dialog and when I enter the username and password for the VM I get an invalid username or password error.

If I connect to the VM from a Win7 machine I get the same prompt, enter the same username and password and it works. I am connected to the VM and can see the shares. I can also see shared folders on my laptop and the Win7 machine from the VM.

How can I fix the invalid username or password error when I try to connect to the Win10 VM from my Win10 laptop? Thanks.

:)

Bazsl, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Mbk88888 Win User

Windows 10 printer sharing to homegroup fails and homegroup Win 8.1 and Win7 PCs not found

I have a Windows 10 PC upgraded from Windows 7 with a shared printer connected to it. I want to print from another PC in the house, that runs Win8.1. The previously working printer sharing on USB003 with the usual suspects set correctly (network discovery,
    printer sharing etc) does not work after upgrade to Win10. I tried leaving and re-joining the homegroup on source and target PCs. The passwords are found correctly and the homegroup joining process works. But now the Win10 machine cannot see the Win7 and Win8.1
    machines anymore. All the while, the Win8.1 machine can see the others and even sees the default printer of the Win10 machine with a green check mark in "devices and printers". The Win8.1 machine however does not see the Win10 printer under the PC, just in
    "devices and printers". Any attempts to set printer prefs or to print to the Win10 machine's printer from the Win8.1 PC fails as "you do not have access to this printer". Attempts to open the network icon of the Win10 machine from within the Win8.1 machine
    fails with a request for username and password. All PCs claim to have joined the homegroup properly, and all troubleshooters on all machines find no issues. Any solutions?

Mbk88888, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Mbk88888 Win User
    Windows 10 ate my printer and sharing capabilities - how to fix

My printer sharing from Win8.1 machine to Win10 machine also stopped working, and the Win10 machine can't see the others. All troubleshooters on all machines (homegroup, printing, network) claim there is no problem.

Mbk88888, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

1. Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another - Similar Threads - Cannot shares Win10

2. One Machine Turns On Another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Machine Turns On Another: I have two machines connected to each other via LAN cable. Direct wire, not through router. One Desktop runs Win 7 64-bit Pro and the other Laptop runs Win 10 64-bit Pro. Each shares a specific folder with the other. Does it make sense that because of the connection one will...
  3. Migrating from one W10 machine to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating from one W10 machine to another: I am about to pull the trigger on a new laptop and I am looking for a simple(ish) way to transfer profiles, settings and apps. On mobile phones, it is quite seamless, how about for Windows? What are you guys using? Tks. submitted by /u/Marathonmax [link] [comments]...
  4. Cannot drag from one screen to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot drag from one screen to another: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable. 1. Followed online instructions. 2. Acer monitor shows desks with no icons but has an active taskbar. 3. On occasion, the mouse will...
  5. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  6. cannot see non_windows machines

cannot see non_windows machines: I cannot see my NAS running FreeBSD. I have a SAMBA share configured. I read the article from Tech support saying I have to use a password account, not a PIN account. Yes they are on the same net and subnet. I can ping all devices with no problems but the NAS does not...
  7. SSD hardware transfer from one machine to another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD hardware transfer from one machine to another.: I tried the other day to ask how to upgrade a drive in a HP Notebook 14. That is still a work in progress... But thank you to the people who answered that question. I'm awaiting a larger OEM drive to arrive in the mail. Here is this problem: I have three HP branded...
  8. TRANSFER FILES FROM ONE DESKTOP (WIN10) TO ANOTHER DESKTOP (WIN10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TRANSFER FILES FROM ONE DESKTOP (WIN10) TO ANOTHER DESKTOP (WIN10): I HAVE TWO LENOVO windows 10 desktops and want to transfer all my files and media to the other one. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-one-desktop-win10-to-another/08490045-8898-4c7d-99c3-f50c0ca776d4
  9. Can't See Shared Win10 Machine/Seeker in workgroup but shows in domain

Can't See Shared Win10 Machine/Seeker in workgroup but shows in domain: I have scoured the Networking and Sharing portion of this Win 10 Forum for an answer to my issue but have not found anything that works. We have a peer to peer network, with one Win 10 machine (acting as server - which we call server) which shares several hard drives for...
  10. have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine

have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine: can we fix this win 10 pc to simply see network shares. both win 10 pc are plugged into same lan router. Example here are the shares appearing on a win10 pc called boat2pc, that sees the network fine. The other win 10 pc called LRPC sees none of these shares. 97369