Windows 10: Cannot see the file names on File Explorer

Discus and support Cannot see the file names on File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer I only see icons showing the type of the files. I cannot see my file names and other details like date saved etc. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bobby_a, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Bobby_a Win User

Cannot see the file names on File Explorer

When I open File Explorer I only see icons showing the type of the files. I cannot see my file names and other details like date saved etc. This happened after I updated Windows 10 to its last version.

:)

Bobby_a, Apr 27, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 27, 2019
  3. red268 Win User
    Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Cannot see the file names on File Explorer

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Cannot see the file names on File Explorer

1. Cannot see the file names on File Explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot file names

2. Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer: Problem:I have a user who cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer. The computer is on Windows 10 Enterprise, winver 22H2.Here is what she is doing:1. She downloads zipped PDF file to C:\Downloads.2. She right clicks the file and chooses Extract All and extracts file to her...
  3. Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer: Problem:I have a user who cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer. The computer is on Windows 10 Enterprise, winver 22H2.Here is what she is doing:1. She downloads zipped PDF file to C:\Downloads.2. She right clicks the file and chooses Extract All and extracts file to her...
  4. Cannot see PDF files in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AEQHCNB file name in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AEQHCNB file name in explorer: Explorer is showing folders with the AEQHCNB added to the file name, any way of turning this feature off? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aeqhcnb-file-name-in-explorer/056ccd54-0994-46da-9070-0ee6ab1a83c9
  6. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...
  7. Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer: Hi. How can find a driver that allows me to see my iPhone in File Explorer? Device hardware ID's... USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&REV_0601&MI_00 USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A8&MI_00 Recently I upgraded the storage on my PC. I have a fresh install of Windows 10, with no third-party security...
  8. Name in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Name in File Explorer: Since doing a clean install, my name in File Explorer/Users has changed. It is neither my first nor second name, just the first 5 letters/numbers of my Microsoft login name. It used to show my surname in Windows 7. Is is it possible to change it, please? 24628
  9. Explorer cannot see a file but kompozer can !

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer cannot see a file but kompozer can !: I just created an html file with Kompozer and saved it to the C: drive root. Then tried to upload it to the web but the file uploader browsing function from the host there didn't display the file. So I looked with Explorer and it couldn't see it, either. So I closed...
  10. File explorer chinese files names and phantom files.

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer chinese files names and phantom files.: When I launch file explorer and get the home view, it is showing a bunch of filenames in Chinese characters (see attached screenshot) which it says are in the desktop folder. However there are no such files when I look at the desktop folder. WTF? I just ran MalwareBytes and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see file names in file explorer

2. file explorer cannot see file

3. i cannot see options and file names on file explorer