Windows 10: Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

Discus and support Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My OS is windows 10 Home 19041.572. I've installed all updates, and the recent updates may break the language. The 1st problem is I cannot see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leon F07, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Leon F07 Win User

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

My OS is windows 10 Home 19041.572. I've installed all updates, and the recent updates may break the language.

The 1st problem is I cannot see the language icon in the task bar anymore, even if the language is on in the taskbar settingsby default it is on and I didn't touch it.

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language 6f6845e6-5a62-4575-a91a-d98e25f04680?upload=true.png

The 2nd problem is that I cannot switch the language. I uninstalled the language package and reinstalled it again. It still didn't work. Any hot keys ctrl + space or ctrl + switch are not working anymore.

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language 0e78f185-c331-41a0-be57-916095732f33?upload=true.png

The 3rd problem is that I cannot select the keyboard. The options are greyed out and desktop only. I'm using a desktop and the tablet mode has been disabled.

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language 8929402f-ddf0-4883-8118-58d5398c8dd2?upload=true.png

:)

Leon F07, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Kahel13 Win User

Language Bar

Hi Jada Rae,

If you don't see the Language bar, do the following to check to see if the Language bar is hidden:

In Windows 10 and Windows 8

1. Press the Windows logo key and type Control to search for the Control Panel app.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change input methods.
    4. Click Advanced settings.
    5. Under Switching input methods, select the Use the desktop language bar when it’s available check box, and then click Options.
    6. Office 2016 Windows 8 Switching Input Methods.
    7. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab, and make sure that either the Floating On Desktop or the Docked in the taskbar option is selected.
    8. Office 2016 Windows 8 Text Services & Input Languages.

In Windows 7

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change keyboard or other input methods.
    3. In the Region and Language dialog box, click Change keyboards.
    4. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab.
    5. Language Bar tab
    6. Under Language Bar, check if the Hidden option is selected. If it is, select either Floating on Desktop or Docked in the taskbar.

Source

Hope this helps.

Kahel13, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Windows 8.1 Limit on Number of Languages in Language Bar?

I was trying to type Ukrainian this morning, and discovered that it was missing from the list of languages in the language bar, even though I have Ukrainian enabled. Is there a limit on the number of languages displayed in the language bar? If there is,
    then how do I switch my keyboard to a language not listed in the language bar?

PaulMakinen, Oct 19, 2020
  4. sml156 Win User

Language bar gone Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language :(

Use Cortana in Windows 10 and search for Add a language and it should be at the top of the list.

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language [​IMG]

Or type in Language to go to the control panel.

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language [​IMG]

sml156, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language - Similar Threads - Cannot language bar

2. Language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar: My language bar is hidden from the taskbar though I check the box for Show text labels on the Language bar and Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. What Can I do? Please help. I can't alter my languages...
  3. LANGUAGE BAR

LANGUAGE BAR: why language is removed from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/7333fb49-de5f-4daa-8a84-3553d7927bc0
  4. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: Nothing I do brings up the language bar. I had it working and now it is not.I've tried settings Use the desktop language bar when it is available, everything in "Language bar options" "Input language hot keys", windows settings doesn't work....
  5. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: Nothing I do brings up the language bar. I had it working and now it is not.I've tried settings Use the desktop language bar when it is available, everything in "Language bar options" "Input language hot keys", windows settings doesn't work....
  6. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  8. Language Bar

Language Bar: Hello there, I have been using win 11 for a week now and I don't have any idea why my language bar is missing and I cannot shift between languages. Please help.Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/84b831ad-5d20-4af0-81cf-be6f0b81e5c1
  9. No language bar and cannot type in search box?

in Cortana
    No language bar and cannot type in search box?: Hello. Everything worked fine yesterday. The only thing i have done that day is that i have run userbenchmark on my computer. After restarting i've lost my language bar and i cannot type in search boxes in windows 10? I've restarted Explorer, but that does not fix it....
  10. language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar: I added some input languages, but they disappear from language bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar/5b8c8ab2-0eab-432d-9de1-314d1422b400