Windows 10: Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC

Discus and support Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I am not sure if the issue is because of my computer's configuration or due to the windows upgrade to windows 10 pro. Please help me in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ganesh Netha, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC

Greetings,

I am not sure if the issue is because of my computer's configuration or due to the windows upgrade to windows 10 pro. Please help me in knowing whether my computer is compatible for1. Wi-Fi and 2. Wireless Bluetooth. If compatible then please let me know how can I get these features else any alternatives.

Issues

• I cannot find Wi-Fi features in my ComputerNo Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth.
    • I checked in the PC Settings >> Network and Internet Settings No Wi-Fi / Bluetooth.
    • I checked in the Device Manager >> Network Adapters No relative Wi-Fi / Bluetooth adapters.

My PC Configuration

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H Revision 6

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 @ 3.40GHz

Network: Connected through "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller"

Snapshots

Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC 6264634b-c437-4518-9bba-057ae4ed8cda?upload=true.jpg

Note: None of the procedures helped to get rid of this issue. Please let me know for any further details to diagnose the issue.

I just wanted to know if I can use Wi-Fi & Wireless Bluetooth on this PC or I cannot use?

Thank you.

:)

Ganesh Netha, Jun 2, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 2, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC

MS Wireless Display Adapter

Exactly.

The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter uses Miracast technology which in its turn uses WiFi.

Read more:

Kari, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC

1. Cannot see the "Wi-Fi" & "Wireless Bluetooth" options in my PC - Similar Threads - Cannot Wireless Bluetooth

2. Cant see wi fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant see wi fi: Tried to do alot of things still can’t see wi fi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-wi-fi/7835e16b-803f-4fc7-a4e4-6d59f5951ea2
  3. Cant see wi fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant see wi fi: Tried to do alot of things still can’t see wi fi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-wi-fi/7835e16b-803f-4fc7-a4e4-6d59f5951ea2
  4. I’m unable to see the wi-fi and bluetooth option in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m unable to see the wi-fi and bluetooth option in settings: i have an Asus rog Stirx G15 and A while ago my bluetooth option disappeared and i was unable to turn it on or off, after searching online and trying to fix it my Wifi option has also disappeared and i’m unable to on or off it Help would be most appreciated...
  5. I’m unable to see the wi-fi and bluetooth option in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m unable to see the wi-fi and bluetooth option in settings: i have an Asus rog Stirx G15 and A while ago my bluetooth option disappeared and i was unable to turn it on or off, after searching online and trying to fix it my Wifi option has also disappeared and i’m unable to on or off it Help would be most appreciated...
  6. No Wi-Fi option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi option: My computer out of nowhere disconnected from the Wi-Fi and when I went to reconnect the option to do so was gone. I went to settings to do it from there but all it said is that I'm not connected and a troubleshoot button which only told me the possible solution is a...
  7. No Wi-Fi option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi option: My computer out of nowhere disconnected from the Wi-Fi and when I went to reconnect the option to do so was gone. I went to settings to do it from there but all it said is that I'm not connected and a troubleshoot button which only told me the possible solution is a...
  8. No bluetooth & Wi-Fi option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth & Wi-Fi option: I had updated my lap top with windows a week back till then wi-fi and bluetooth were working fine. All of sudden the wi-fi button change to orange instead of white. I restarted the lap top it worked fine for all most a day and same problem repeated and not It is not...
  9. I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network

I Cannot See the Computers on My Wi-Fi Network: My wife’s new Windows 10 computer can see our two PCs, James and Deb, on our home Wi-Fi Network along with all other connected devices. I am also running Windows 10 on a two-year-old PC. I cannot see the PCs, but I can see the other devices connected to the network. [ATTACH]...
  10. Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings

Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings: I did a clean install of Windows 10 a couple weeks ago, but since then my computer won't show available wireless networks and I also don't have the "Wi-Fi" tab under settings. My computer connects to my home wi-fi just fine (I'm using it to post this), so I know there is...