Windows 10: Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

Discus and support Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by indigosparcs, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media features pack does not work. How to get Thumbnail preview for videos on Windows 11 ?nb: I am using pot player.

:)

indigosparcs, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Stefan59 Win User

no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

Hi there,

for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer.
    Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails.

I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in the Explorer options, none makes any difference.

Neither Windows Explorer, nor Free Commander XE or other 'Files' display the video thumbnails.
    I can create new videos, move them on different drives or folders, same problem. Video file format seems to make no difference, too (tried AVI, WMV, MP4).

When I open the video folders within Magix Video Deluxe or within VLC, thumbnails are shown.

Since I'm working a lot with videos (creating lots of them for teaching purposes in my online learning academy), having no thumbnails is REALLY odd and inconvenient.

On a second system, same setup and Windows version, all works fine (same user profile).

What else can I do to get my video thumbnails back?

Any help is appreciated!

Stefan

Winver: 21H1 Build 19043.1165

Stefan59, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Inserting Thumbnails in Video Files..... !?

ok i'll try to use a more comprehensive approach ...

1 videos do not have embedded thumbnails
    2 you can not embed thumbnail into video because videos do not support such feature
    3 thumbnails you see in explorer are generated by players designated to open the video
    4 which frame in video to display as the thumbnail depends on the developers of the player and what they see fit
    5 the developers of players choice of thumb revolves either on frame 1 , frame 1 sec , frame 20%
    6 it is same on android and ios , every gallery or player has a mind of its own on how to generate thumbs
    7 sometimes in android thumbs are not even still images but an extracted video sequence
    8 youtube even allow for uploading a 1280 * 720 image to act as a custom video thumb so non of the above
    9 there had always been a way adopted by torrent users of using a generated image file from video and giving it same name
    10 the reason why is that you'd be seeing the video and a preview image next to when sorted by name
    11 there had been tools that can create thumb / preview image files in an automated way example thumbnail me 3.0
    12 it is understandable that end result will be files x 2 counting all the generated preview images

cheers

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

1. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ? - Similar Threads - Cannot video file

2. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  3. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?: I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media...
  6. no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working

in Windows 10 Support
    no video thumbnails, image thumbnails are working: Hi there, for some time now all videos on my system are without thumbnails in the explorer. Image files are shown correctly with thumbnails. I already tried all recommended solutions like deleting the thumbnail cache (manually and via disk cleaner), checked all settings in...
  7. Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TaranStark [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxw6t2/not_seeing_any_thumbnails_for_video_files_after/
  8. Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos: Hi there, I don't know why, but whenever my thumbnails do not show the previews for the pictures Always tends to occur at night time. I've looked through MULTIPLE threads and they All say the same exact thing which is: "Go to View tab, go to Options, and go to the change...
  9. No thumbnails for videos or images in 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails for videos or images in 10 1903: i have been trying for several days now to get thumbnails for images and videos to show with no luck in 10 1903. i've installed the latest media preview as i have in the past, but even with it i still do not get any thumbnails. i'm at a lost as what would be causing this, so...
  10. Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images

Can't see thumbnails for "webp" images: How do I get webp files to display as thumbnails in a Windows 10 folder? I already tried installing the webp codec for Windows, and it didn't fix the issue....