Windows 10: Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network

Discus and support Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a home network with several Win 10 Pro PCs. I recently added a used Dell 7040 Micro running a fresh reinstall of Win 10 Pro. The 7040 is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bazsl1, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Bazsl1 Win User

Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network

I have a home network with several Win 10 Pro PCs. I recently added a used Dell 7040 Micro running a fresh reinstall of Win 10 Pro. The 7040 is not visible to the other Win 10 systems. If, on the 7040, I do Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset and answer Yes to the prompt to make the machine visible on private networks the 7040 becomes visible on the network and remains visible until it is shutdown. How can I make the 7040 permanently visible on the network as all of my other Win 10 machines are. Thanks.

:)

Bazsl1, Oct 1, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Oct 1, 2020
  3. WalterW Win User
    Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

I performed your suggestions on my desktop (Win 10 Pro) and my laptop (Win 10 home) and left them running for about 30 minutes and I can now get a connection between the 3 PCs, I will perform your suggestions on my other PC (Win 10 Pro) and leave them all running for 30 minutes and hopefully that will connect .
    I will report after I have done it.

WalterW, Oct 1, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network - Similar Threads - Cannot Pro network

2. Windows 10 PC cannot see new network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC cannot see new network: New Sky Max hub with fibre broadband installed. Every device in the house is connected and working fine, yet my Windows 10 PC does not even see the network, though it does see the networks belonging to the neighbours. Have tried ethernet cable directly to the router, this...
  3. Windows 10 PC cannot see new network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC cannot see new network: New Sky Max hub with fibre broadband installed. Every device in the house is connected and working fine, yet my Windows 10 PC does not even see the network, though it does see the networks belonging to the neighbours. Have tried ethernet cable directly to the router, this...
  4. Windows 10 PC cannot see new network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New Win 10 Pro can't see Network devices

New Win 10 Pro can't see Network devices: New computer build with Win 10 Pro. It can't see other devices Under Network in File Explorer. Yes - net discovery is on. Yes - a folder is shared - my other Win 10 Pro can see it Yes - the laundry list of services is running and start automatic Yes - SMV v1 is on Yes -...
  6. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  7. Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network

Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network: My network was working fine, then after a Win10 update on the other PC I can no longer see it. I have set the services Function Discovery (Both) to Automatic delay start on both pcs, rebooted both but still no luck. Any other options? via the registry edit maybe? 142479
  8. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...
  9. win 10 pro ver 1809 this pc does not see itsel or other pc under network

win 10 pro ver 1809 this pc does not see itsel or other pc under network: Hello all I am getting very frustrated. I had to rebuild a laptop and a desktop. I have win 10 pro ver 1809 on each. Services DNS client is running and automatic function discovery provider is running and automatic function discovery resource is running and automatic...
  10. Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro

Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro: For some reason, I cannot see my networked computers on the network after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I have 4 windows 10 Pro computers on my home network, all was working before the update. Home group network appears to be working. Network Discovery is enabled. Thanks...