Windows 10: Cannot see wireless networks

Discus and support Cannot see wireless networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to connect to the internet. The problem started after I tried to restart my network settings (for unrelated reasons). Once my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HProc, Nov 10, 2018.

1. HProc Win User

Cannot see wireless networks

I am unable to connect to the internet.

The problem started after I tried to restart my network settings (for unrelated reasons). Once my computer restarted, I was no longer able to see any wireless networks in the toolbar, nor can I see any available networks to connect to when I try to access them via the network and sharing centre.

I have tried running the troubleshooter, and tried resetting my network settings again. Nothing has worked.

I am still able to manually connect to my router by going to the network and sharing centre and inputting my router details, but this is not exactly ideal.

When I generate a wlan report in cmd I get the error 0x6BA

Could anyone please help? Googling this issue I've found other people with the same problem, but no solutions.

I am running Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.17134 on an ASUS M32CD.

:)

HProc, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Cannot see wireless networks :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 10, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot see wireless networks - Similar Threads - Cannot wireless networks

2. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  3. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  4. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me: Hi all,Seemingly after upgraded my "wireless network" from old version Router to Wifi 6 Router, I cannot see my own "wireless network" listed on my home laptop. I can see all the networks of my neighbors, but not my own "wireless network".Also can see & connect to my...
  6. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me: Hi all,Seemingly after upgraded my "wireless network" from old version Router to Wifi 6 Router, I cannot see my own "wireless network" listed on my home laptop. I can see all the networks of my neighbors, but not my own "wireless network".Also can see & connect to my...
  7. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me: Hi all,Seemingly after last Windows update though I'm not sure I cannot see my own wireless network on my home laptop. I can see all the networks of my neighbors, but not my own. I can see it and connect to my wireless network with my Work laptop. My partner can see it and...
  8. see devices connected to wireless network

see devices connected to wireless network: I can not figure out where to go to view the devices that are connected to my wireless network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-devices-connected-to-wireless-network/83c9d0d6-3cca-4c08-9d88-efc818a9bbea
  9. Cannot see printer on wireless network from Windows 10 computer

Cannot see printer on wireless network from Windows 10 computer: I moved to a new house and set up a new Google Nest wifi network with 2 additional points. I kept the network SSID the same so I wouldn't have to reconfigure all of our internet devices. We were able to print to our wireless printer using our iPad and iPhones. However, my...
  10. Cannot connect to the wireless network

Cannot connect to the wireless network: Hi I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's connected. When I started the PC it saw the wireless network and the option came up to connect and there was a tick in the "Connect Automatically" box. I selected OK but got a message...