Windows 10: Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?

Discus and support Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Both PC's are set up. When trying to connect, I get error code 0x80070035 - check spelling. Both are setup on private profile and the sharing is on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by christian.m1, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?

Both PC's are set up. When trying to connect, I get error code 0x80070035 - check spelling. Both are setup on private profile and the sharing is on. Can anyone help?

:)

christian.m1, Jun 20, 2021

2. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with sharing of file within the computers that are connected in a network after Windows 10 1903 update.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019 in this

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    How to share file access on private network

I've worked through my own network setting up notes and posted A consolidated network setup checklist [post #108] - TenForumsTutorials

I thought providing a complete list would be more helpful than just posting additional steps as I initially did in post #6 above.

Denis

4. Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?

1. Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's? - Similar Threads - Cannot seem file

2. File sharing doesn't work both ways

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing doesn't work both ways: Hi, I'm having the worst headache trying to make this work:I'm trying to share folders from my desktop with windows 10a custom build to my laptop a surface pro 8 with windows 11, it works my laptop has access to my desktop no problems.BUT, when I try to share a folder from my...
  3. File sharing doesn't work both ways

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sharing doesn't work both ways: Hi, I'm having the worst headache trying to make this work:I'm trying to share folders from my desktop with windows 10a custom build to my laptop a surface pro 8 with windows 11, it works my laptop has access to my desktop no problems.BUT, when I try to share a folder from my...
  4. Network File Sharing seems to work completely randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network File Sharing seems to work completely randomly: I have 2 desktops and a laptop that I want to share files between, but it seems to be completely random when the devices can see each other, they all have the same settings and all of them have seen each other at different points with these same settings, but most of the time...
  5. PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...: Hello there, I have some really weird issues with one PC in a homeoffice with just 2 devices. There are two PCs both running Windows 10 1909 which are mounting several network shares from a Synology NAS hanging on the same switch. Now since 2 days ago, one of the PCs has...
  6. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  7. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  8. Cannot see my shared pc on network

Cannot see my shared pc on network: Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc... Now i have about 8-9 pcs running on windows 7 in this network...i can see all the networked pcs on my windows 10 pc but on other computers...
  9. Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit

Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit: After upgrading to Win 10 on both my PC & HP laptop, folder sharing worked even with my wife's Mac. Oddly, now the only one that works is PC to Mac. All folder sharing fails between my PC & HP laptop. I've checked my shared folders to be sure "Everyone" is included. When I...
  10. Network File Sharing Is Not Working - Illustrated

Network File Sharing Is Not Working - Illustrated: (I wish illustrated better, but I hope these are sufficient.) I have three networked computers, named Dell-NB, Dell-380, Dell-660s. All three were upgraded to W10 from W7. None used a HomeGroup as W7 nor do they now as W10. All indicate “This computer can’t connect to a...