Windows 10: Cannot Select Categories within Settings App Windows10

Discus and support Cannot Select Categories within Settings App Windows10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot open a category within the settings app. It comes up without any other options. I've tried changing several user accounts but am unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulAdair1, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Cannot Select Categories within Settings App Windows10

I cannot open a category within the settings app. It comes up without any other options. I've tried changing several user accounts but am unable to change these to Administrator and some pictures open then immediately close when double clicked.

The one below is settings/system/display

Also - it may be unrelated..Click on the windows icon and the first time all icons are greyed out.

:)

PaulAdair1, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Games you own profile category

that could work as some kind of massive review system... have a searchable list and categories (games, software, hardware, etc) and all results under teh same name show up when you select it, and users could enter their own mini reviews.

That said, it'd take a lot of work to code (well, 15 minutes for w1zz, but he's a robot)

Mussels, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Categories

I am using WM6 and Outlook2003. I have tried to set my categories on Outlook, but the changes I do on the main Category list are not being sincronized with my Treo750.

When I look at activesync (4.5) Tools, Option, I cannot open the Activities Settings (they do not showup).

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Claudio

claudioc66, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Cannot Select Categories within Settings App Windows10

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Select Categories within Settings App Windows10

1. Cannot Select Categories within Settings App Windows10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Select Categories

2. "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...: When I go to the "Default Apps" page in Settings, it shows no app being selected for any of the categories.Furthermore, when I click any of the categories, where it says "Choose a default," I get a message saying "there is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."I...
  3. "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...: When I go to the "Default Apps" page in Settings, it shows no app being selected for any of the categories.Furthermore, when I click any of the categories, where it says "Choose a default," I get a message saying "there is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."I...
  4. "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  6. Looking for an obscure memory tuning setting deep within settings app

Looking for an obscure memory tuning setting deep within settings app: To allegedly increase performance, altough it was shown to be rather a placebo, curiosity is killing me and I wanna re enable it for fun. It's a rather new setting. If you know what I am talking about and have the name of that setting ready please let me know. Thank you...
  7. Cannot Log In to Visual Studio From Within App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Log In to Visual Studio From Within App: I am using Visual Studio 2017 for a Unity project I've been working on. I've been using Visual Studio 2017 for a couple years now without issue until it suddenly started asking me to sign in every time I open the application. Whenever I attempt to log in I receive this...
  8. Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?: Finally decided to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 10 and I'm having some problems with the taskbar search no longer searching options within the settings app. I used to be able to type "bluetooth" in the taskbar and it would bring me to bluetooth options in the...
  9. Display settings options within settings app flickers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings options within settings app flickers: Hello everybody, I have an issue regarding windows 10 display settings. All the other settings within the app work fine. however when I try to alter display settings, it reverts back to the same. for example if I am trying to alter the layout of my two monitors, I will...
  10. Setting default app with "Select File"

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default app with "Select File": Back when I ran Windows 7 and before i was made to update to Windows 10 because I built a Ryzen system, I could set a default app by clicking a button that would open the file explorer and letting me select the executable. I am not seeing that in Windows 10, how do I select...