Windows 10: Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365

Discus and support Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Am trying to select text in a cell in Excel365 to change it to strikethru but cannot select it by any means - double click just moves the cursor -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobZim1, Sep 4, 2021.

1. BobZim1 Win User

Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365

Am trying to select text in a cell in Excel365 to change it to strikethru but cannot select it by any means - double click just moves the cursor - SHIFT Arrow left/right does the same. I can delete it, but not select it. Other cells work correctly. Any ideas?

:)

BobZim1, Sep 4, 2021

2. Unable to copy cells in excel (office 365) on WP8

I am unable to copy the cells in excel (office 365) on WP8, please suggests.

R PUSPALAK, Sep 4, 2021
  3. How to set value of height or width of cell precisely? - ms excel Office 365

I'm going to make labels for pasting in MS Excel Microsoft Business 365. I have version 1903 (compilation 11425.20228). But they should made precisely and perfectly.

1. Now when I begin editing the height of cell in MS Excel I set the value on 15,3. Then I click OK the value is set on 15,5.
    2. When I set the value on 15,333 then is set on 15,25.
    3. When I write the value on 15,22222 is set on 15,25.

The same applies with setting width of cell. I have no clue how to deal with or solve it.

Can someone suggest me that how to do it?

Prochu1991, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Help needed with Excel Attendance Sheet

You use the Data tab, Data validation facility to do this.

If you want a coherent explanation then look in Excel Help. Here's the relevant extract from Excel 2007 Help. Excel 2007 Help - Data Validation.pdf

My example:
    - I have written them in what seems to me to be the order of easiest explanation.
    - You'd actually set them up in the reverse order - step 3, step 2, step 1.

1 The result - my dropdown list. I select the cell then click on the dropdown arrow that appears next to it.

Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365 [​IMG]

2 To set this up, select the whole column [or individual cells] where you want the dropdown to appear then click on the Data tab then the Data validation control. You need to
    - select In-cell dropdown
    - set the Allow entry to List
    - in Source, enter the worksheet name & cell range where you have written the allowable entries - you will generally want to use absolute cell references such as those shown [$ in a cell address means absolute and will not vary as you copy the formula all the way down your column - look this up if you are not familiar with it because it needs a bit of getting used to].

3 Write out the list of allowable entries that will appear in your dropdown list.

Job done.

Denis

Try3, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot select text in one specific cell in Excel 365 - Similar Threads - Cannot select text

2. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  3. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  4. How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?: Hello,I tried to paste a paragraph of text from a PDF into ONE excel cell but it's pasting it into multiple. What do I do to fix this?I tried wrapping text, exiting and reopening the file and nothings working.PLEASE HELP this is a work project that's due friday, If Im at the...
  5. How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I paste text from a pdf into ONE excel cell, not multiple?: Hello,I tried to paste a paragraph of text from a PDF into ONE excel cell but it's pasting it into multiple. What do I do to fix this?I tried wrapping text, exiting and reopening the file and nothings working.PLEASE HELP this is a work project that's due friday, If Im at the...
  6. Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets: Can someone help me to I presume clear formatting in cells. I'm entering a column of numbers in this case planting space guides for vegetables and every once in awhile a random cell will revert to a date. For example, if you look down the column you see 15-30, 40-50, Oct-15...
  7. coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell: I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coping-text-from-a-excel-cell-to-another-excel/5a272c74-33e6-457c-82f8-3ae3196e8f81"
  8. Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.

Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.: Just purchased office 365. Had 2007/2013 previous and no problems with the following; Conditional formatting - for turning text on / off and or lines on/off - based on conditions. If I scroll the mouse / display up or down or open and close a column or choose a drop down;...
  9. Make Excel display text in a column's cells based on the presence of text in neighboring cells

Make Excel display text in a column's cells based on the presence of text in neighboring cells: 1-21-19 I have seen some discussions relating to this question that involve formulae that result in text appearing in a column's cells based on the findings of a numerical value in a neighboring cell, or the converse-- a numerical value is made to appear based on a formula...
  10. MS Excel - Sorting text cells

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Excel - Sorting text cells: I am entering stamp collection catalogue "numbers" in a spreadsheet column. However, I am having problems sorting the stamps properly. For example: stamps 1, 2, 3, 1a, 2a, 3a should be sorted as 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 3, 3a. I know I am doing something wrong because I keep getting the...