Windows 10: Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear All, A very strange issue: There is quite some time since I can not send email from iCloud anymore from Windows 10 Mail. I get a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christos Kokkolis, May 10, 2020.

1. Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail

Dear All,

A very strange issue: There is quite some time since I can not send email from iCloud anymore from Windows 10 Mail. I get a message that says "there has been as error sending this message".

When I check in "sent" folder for iCloud in Windows 10 Mail, it appears as the message has been sent, the message also appears at the "outgoing" folder, but when I check the account it should go to, I can see it has not been received.

Interestingly:

1 iCloud san receive AND send email from Outlook 365, but can only receive from Windows 10 Mail, and not send.

2 I have tried many times to delete the Widnows 10 account, generate app-specific password in Apple iCloud account page, then add the iCloud account. No joy.

3 I have tried to check the "advanced mailbox settings" of iCloud from Windows 10 Mail. Interestingly, THERE IS NO SUCH SETTING, it seems I am the only one without it. I can see the "Change mailbox sync" and "delete account" options...clicking in "change mailbox sync" options only shows me "sync options for mail, calendar and contacts" and nothing else. All screenshots I have found in the web show an additional menu which I don't have..

4 All other accounts in Windows 10 Mail work without issue, iCloud outside Windows 10 mail works well including Outlook in 354, both send and receive...

Any help would be so much appreciated.

I guess I should also point out that I am in the Insider programme, Slow, so I can't rule out a version-related problem currently running v.2004, 19041.208, so I will post this in the Insider forum...it's something though that I've been having for many months...

Thank you,

Christos

:)

Christos Kokkolis, May 10, 2020
  2. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, May 10, 2020
  3. Larnu Win User
    Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, May 10, 2020
  4. techbuzz Win User

Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail

Windows Mail

Is it possible to set up more than one email account when using Windows Mail? I hate Thunderbird because I could never get more than one email account set up and be able to send mail from both accounts. The outgoing servers kept on getting mixed up.

Thanks in advance.

techbuzz, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail

1. Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Cannot send mail

2. Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11 which I did not want to do, emails from my icloud account using Windows mail app will not send sporadically. Super frustrating as I never know if an email was sent or not. It's not hung up in the outbox, it's simply not there. It will happen...
  3. Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11 which I did not want to do, emails from my icloud account using Windows mail app will not send sporadically. Super frustrating as I never know if an email was sent or not. It's not hung up in the outbox, it's simply not there. It will happen...
  4. Unable to Send Email from Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Send Email from Mail: This might seem like a dumb question but, I'm trying to send an email using the mail app.When I clicked 'Send' it put the email in the 'Outbox' and I find no way to send it from there.I get no error message... nothing.Any ideas,James...
  5. Unable to Send Email from Mail

Unable to Send Email from Mail: This might seem like a dumb question but, I'm trying to send an email using the mail app.When I clicked 'Send' it put the email in the 'Outbox' and I find no way to send it from there.I get no error message... nothing.Any ideas,James...
  6. cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app

cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app: can someone help with this issue? I can receive emails but emails are just stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-mail-from-windows-10-mail-app/f2026617-647f-4ac7-a1a5-6997be9f4232
  7. Unable to send or receive mail from my iCloud Mail Account in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to send or receive mail from my iCloud Mail Account in Windows 10 Mail: HI there I have recently bought a new NUC PC and am experiencing Windows 10 for the first time. I am a long term Apple user, and have a current iCloud account which I want to use. I have followed the instructions for setting up the account, but can neither send or receive...
  8. Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP

Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP: Hello, I noticed that one of my @gmail accounts sends as @outlook account. Thus making the format the following. Sent by: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> What I mean, that 2 of my different e-mails are for...
  9. Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app

Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app: Outgoing messages get hung up in Outbox on Windows 10 mail app. Have deleted and reinstalled yahoo numerous times. Web-based yahoo works fine, works fine from my iPhone...it's just Win 10. What's the correct outbox server setting?...
  10. Can't send from Mail with icloud account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't send from Mail with icloud account: I've set up my iCloud email account in Windows 10 Mail, and received emails are syncing but I cannot send. I get an error message and the email is moved to my Drafts folder....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant send email from icloud on windows 10