Windows 10: Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and want to use the Mail app. I got it set up and it will receive but not send: I get this error message in my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Andrew 2882, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app

Hi,
    I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and want to use the Mail app. I got it set up and it will receive but not send: I get this error message in my Inbox - "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large". Obviously I've done those checks, I've run an sfc scan as advised in one of the forums, an adviser at my ISP has confirmed that the settings are correct and I was chatting on line to somebody at Microsoft support for over 2 hours and he couldn't get it to work either! Where do I go from here, please?

:)

Andrew 2882, Sep 16, 2015
  2. JimTapley Win User

Email contact list download

The problem is moving the Contacts Folder, which is now on Widows 10, to the People's App so I can get an Email address from the Peoples App through Windows 10 Mail. I don't know how to access the Contacts Folder from the Mail App. There's not much point
    in having a contacts folder if you can't access it when you are trying to send an Email.

Also how do I determine what format the Contact List is in ?

JimTapley, Sep 16, 2015
  3. How to use QQ mail on windows phone 8.1

We cannot setup QQ mail in widows phone because the widows phone won't had the settings of QQ mail means server settings of QQ so we can't......

But download the app Mobile QQ it's working fine for me Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app :D

kkrishnakkk, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app

Not an answer I'm afraid but I do sympathise with you. I've just tried the piece of crap. It had configured itself because I use a microsoft account for W10, even that doesn't work ! neither send OR receive. I set up my ISPs email account, no chance.
    Hey-ho I thought , I'll try what I always use, Thunderbird. I set up my hotmail account using username and password and that's all it needed to configure itself. It was able to set up both POP3 and IMAP versions of my hotmail account using only email and password. Both worked perfectly, in and out.
    I have never come across such a piece of **** until I tried using W10 "Mail" and I've used some in 20+ years.
    If you've no aversion to it give Thunderbird a go.

Torquemada, Sep 16, 2015
  5. Hi Torquemada,
    It's some comfort to know somebody else is having similar problems. I've used Thunderbird for years but a magazine I subscribe to, Computer Active, has just listed it as one of 12 programs which should be removed immediately as being unsafe and vulnerable to hacking! Seeing that, I thought I would try Windows Mail, with the result as posted, so I'm still with Thunderbird! I don't really know whether it's any more risky than any other program.

Andrew 2882, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Dear old Computeractive they'll be advising people to switch to "Outlook Express". The rule of thumb is if you download any old crap it'll bite you in the arse eventually. I always preview any emails on the server and if it looks dubious I delete it on the server. I've just checked my last Thunderbird backup it's 2.1GB! , been using it for a few years now and will continue to do so.
    Have fun and stay safe Andrew. "Thunderbirds are go!"

Torquemada, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Yes, I think I'll stick with TB. Though it will be interesting to see if anybody comes up with a solution to the Mail problem so I shan't mark this as solved. Best wishes.

Andrew 2882, Sep 17, 2015
  8. Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app

Torquemada, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Thank you, I hadn't seen that. I thought I would add my review and rating so duly signed in only to be informed that I couldn't do so as I did not own the app! What is it, then, that's been driving me up the b****y wall these last few days, or do they just not want any more bad reviews?

Andrew 2882, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app

1. Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Cannot send Widows

2. Windows 10 Mail Cannot send.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail Cannot send.: On Windows 10 Mail I can receive, but cannot send. All sent emails end up in the Outbox. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-cannot-send/83e72a0b-a513-45cf-95b6-746c070033d0
  3. Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail: I can send mail but it won't arrive at the recipient and I can also receive mail. I checked theSent Mail tab and the mail I just sent wasn't there. I've reset the app and the problem still continues. I sent a mail from Gmail and it worked but not on windows 10. Is there a...
  4. Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail

Cannot send e-mail from my iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail: Dear All, A very strange issue: There is quite some time since I can not send email from iCloud anymore from Windows 10 Mail. I get a message that says "there has been as error sending this message". When I check in "sent" folder for iCloud in Windows 10 Mail, it appears...
  5. cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app

cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app: can someone help with this issue? I can receive emails but emails are just stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-mail-from-windows-10-mail-app/f2026617-647f-4ac7-a1a5-6997be9f4232
  6. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  7. unable to send messages from mail app

unable to send messages from mail app: Hello, I cannot send messages from my mail app with my gmail accounts. I always get following error message: Send error: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is...
  8. Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app

Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app: Outgoing messages get hung up in Outbox on Windows 10 mail app. Have deleted and reinstalled yahoo numerous times. Web-based yahoo works fine, works fine from my iPhone...it's just Win 10. What's the correct outbox server setting?...
  9. Cannot send to windows mail

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot send to windows mail: Hello, When right click on a file and try to send it to windows mail as attachment I get the message below, [img] 98453
  10. Outlook Cannot Send Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Cannot Send Mail: I did the windows 10 upgrade yesterday and since then my Outlook 2010 cannot send mail. It receives mail as it should without any issues. I have multiple emails accounts with different vendors and it is doing the same on all of them so I have ruled out it being a hosting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot send email in windows 10 mail

2. cannot send emails windows 10 app