Windows 10: Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer

Discus and support Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The email address of my provider (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) shows on the screen but I never get any email?? My old computer worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JWL-992, Aug 21, 2019.

1. JWL-992 Win User

Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer

The email address of my provider (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) shows on the screen but I never get any email?? My old computer worked great with Win 7.

:)

JWL-992, Aug 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail App can receive mail but can't send it

I am trying to use the Windows 10 Mail App to send/receive email using my work email account. I am able to successfully receive email but everytime I tried to send a new email, it goes straight to the Outbox and never gets sent.

When I received email initially, I had to accept a certificate. I haven't been prompted to accept a certificate with sending but I suspect that is the hang up.

How can I get the Mail App to send emails?

Zack Macomber, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

[table][tr][td]Incoming mail (POP3) Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995[/td] [td]Outgoing mail (SMTP) Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer [​IMG]

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Larnu Win User

Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot send or receive email by using the mail App on this new Win 10 HP computer - Similar Threads - Cannot send receive

2. Error code 0x80048830. New laptop with Win 10. Cannot receive email on Mail App.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0x80048830. New laptop with Win 10. Cannot receive email on Mail App.: Hello. Brand new laptop. I cannot get the Mail App to receive email I can send but not receive after spending several days trying to configure and after trying several different things in an attempt to make it work. No matter what I do I still get Error code 0x80048830 and...
  3. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro. Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail mrwhite56 account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com' Windows Live Mail...
  4. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-on-windows-live-mail/b45fe2f4-27c0-4d38-b94a-74338b02aecf
  5. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  6. Cannot send or receive email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot send or receive email: I cannot access/use by Comcast email account. Outlook doesn't work either. icloud does not work. The 'Sync' function does not respond. I can connect to the internet (WiFi). Life was fine up to three days ago - I was typing a reply to an email, unintentionally hit a bunch of...
  7. problems sending and receiving emails in Windows10 Mail app

problems sending and receiving emails in Windows10 Mail app: Keep getting messages saying your email settings using Icloud and Gmail require attention. latterly a message saying Windows can not access Gmail. to seek sync approval. The email accounts were all working previously. Using a Toshiba C600 laptop....
  8. Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We’ve heard of several folks speaking of the inability to send emails from the built-in Mail app within Windows 10. Now, this can be a huge problem for those who receive and send emails on a regular basis. We understand [...] This post Windows 10 Mail app...
  9. Sending emails using Mail app

Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  10. Unable to send receive email in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to send receive email in Mail app: I updated by system to Windows 10 1803. Now I am unable to send receive email on Mail App. Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/unable-to-send-receive-email-in-mail-app/d190fb66-aae7-4d31-9820-4d94e89f170c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail app win 10 cannot receive

2. mail win 1 no send recieve

3. not receiving emails windows 10

4. outlook not receiving emails with windows 10,
  5. windows 10 outlook wont receive e mail,
  6. cannot send or receive emails windows 10,
  7. cannot send mail or recieve mail on my pc,
  8. unable to receive email using mail app,
  9. cannot send or receive email in windows 10