Windows 10: Cannot send or receive email

Discus and support Cannot send or receive email in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot access/use by Comcast email account. Outlook doesn't work either. icloud does not work. The 'Sync' function does not respond. I can connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bruce TCP, Sep 11, 2019 at 1:12 PM.

1. Bruce TCP Win User

Cannot send or receive email

I cannot access/use by Comcast email account. Outlook doesn't work either. icloud does not work. The 'Sync' function does not respond. I can connect to the internet (WiFi). Life was fine up to three days ago - I was typing a reply to an email, unintentionally hit a bunch of keys at the same time, and my life has changed (read despair). Clearly, no potential solution can involve email communication.

:)

2. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

3. Attention required message under email account, cannot send and receive mail from a linked account

Hi Sharon,

You might not been able to send or receive an email due to a misconfigured account settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions below:

• Which application or program are you using to access your email?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, we suggest that you remove your email account and re-add it.

We will wait for your response.

4. Cannot send or receive email

What is the value of default timeout for Outlook send/receive email?

What is the value of default timeout for Outlook 2013 send/receive email? Or, maybe, Outlook use some different strategic for sending/receiving emails than simple timeout?

Updated: I am using Exchange account on LAN.

Thema:

Cannot send or receive email

1. Cannot send or receive email - Similar Threads - Cannot send receive

2. cat send or receive email--storage full

in Windows 10 Customization
    cat send or receive email--storage full: I can not send or receive messages. storage full--says I need to delete emails --cant bulk delete..please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cat-send-or-receive-email-storage-full/3bcb7e95-244d-46ff-a76a-86a8f1f5510d
  3. I cannot send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot send emails: I keep receiving messages from Windows We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large...
  4. Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...: Hello, I setup a IMAP email account on my iPad without any issues. After installing the same IMAP email account using the same SSL port settings, Windows 10 Windows Mail App will receive email, but not send. After creating an email and clicking on send, the response from...
  5. cannot receive email

cannot receive email: cannot receive emails but can send them.when I send email to my address I get it bounced back with error message550.5.1.1 .Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-email/ef906d4e-e963-4546-8b15-519e880ebbfb
  6. Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...

Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...: keep getting message that my sbcglobal settings are out of date. This is only happening on my PC with windows 10. My cell phone and Ipad work OK for this account. Also, will not accept my password or allow password change....
  7. Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web: Having a huge issue for a while, I can receive Hotmail/Live mails, but not send on Windows 10 - tried resetting the Mail application, did not work. Tried to update the settings manually in Mail application, did not work. Can someone reconfirm the entries please....
  8. Unable to send receive email in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to send receive email in Mail app: I updated by system to Windows 10 1803. Now I am unable to send receive email on Mail App. Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/unable-to-send-receive-email-in-mail-app/d190fb66-aae7-4d31-9820-4d94e89f170c
  9. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....
  10. eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send

in Browsers and Email
    eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send: Hi, got new dell computer xps 8900 with win10 preinstalled. I installed eudora to c: a solid state drive with Mbx files on drive D; I can receive emails from my server but can not send--no error messages, just does not send. Can anyone help? 55493