Windows 10: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro. Unable to send or receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryWhite8, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail mrwhite56 account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    SecureSSL: No

:)

MaryWhite8, Sep 15, 2020

2. Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails

Thanks so much for your help and patience and sorry it is taking me so long to figure this out! I did set up the account again from scratch, but with your directions above hopefully I fixed that, but I can't tell for sure because now I am getting the same original error message that I started with! So let me walk through what I did and perhaps you can tell me if I misunderstood your directions?

I go to C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail. I don't see a folder called "Mail Stores," but I do see a folder that is called "Comcast (in d21." It contained folders for Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk e-mail, Sent Items, and an OEACCOUNT file. I assumed (incorrectly?) that this was the "Mail stores" folder you mentioned and I deleted everything in it and then restarted Live Mail with the new account settings you directed me to enter. But when I try to receive an email by hitting send/receive I get:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'mail.comcast.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 995
    Secure(SSL): Yes

Sorry it is taking me so long to figure this out, but did I misunderstand your directions?

Thank you!

P.S. It is definitely connecting to the server now because I can send emails again, but as before it will not receive emails.

scooter60624, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

Bob Fawcett, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Cannot send receive

2. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  3. Windows Live Email will not send or receive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Email will not send or receive.: Windows Live Email will not send or receive. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-email-will-not-send-or-receive/43324ab0-eb91-4978-a1bd-b9ebd1f1095e
  4. Windows Live Email will not send or receive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Email will not send or receive.: Windows Live Email will not send or receive. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-email-will-not-send-or-receive/43324ab0-eb91-4978-a1bd-b9ebd1f1095e
  5. Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails: Since the last automatic update of my Windows 10, my Windows Live Mail no longer works. I get this error message: Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'mail.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E...
  6. cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live email: Windows 10 did an update and after the update was complete, I could not send or receive emails in Windows Live email. There ws and Unknown error message . The mail Error ID was 0x800C013E...
  7. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-on-windows-live-mail/b45fe2f4-27c0-4d38-b94a-74338b02aecf
  8. Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails: I have a Dell computer and my operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I am using Windows Live Mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). I have satellite internet through Hughes (Gen 5). The account on which I am having the issue is a Windstream email account. I can send...
  9. Windows live mail has stopped sending and receiving emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail has stopped sending and receiving emails: Windows live mail has stopped sending or receiving emails. They arrive on my phone & tablet without a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-has-stopped-sending-and/359774a6-99fc-4ea9-b1c1-bc817bdac1cd
  10. Cannot send or receive messages with Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot send or receive messages with Windows Live mail: I am using Window Live Mail 2011 with 2 different email account. For one of the accounts, I can no longer send or receive emails. I get the following reject message... Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (rrancourt123) account. Header download for the 'Inbox'...