Windows 10: cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

Discus and support cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Proger1, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Proger1 Win User

cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Roy

:)

Proger1, Jul 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys and Type "shell:sendto" in
      RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open "Send To" folder.
    • Now right-click on blank area in the folder and select "New -> Text document". It'll create a text file with the name "New Text Document.txt". Rename this file and set its name to "Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink".
    • That's it. Now you'll get "Desktop (create shortcut)" option back in "Send To" menu.
    NOTE: Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" option is disabled in "Folder
    Options"

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 17, 2021
  3. OK2LA Win User
    Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

All we have to do is drag the app to the desktop...Voila!

OK2LA, Jul 17, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

The solution I offered works for both folders and files to create a desktop shortcut.

Example- rt click on dummy folder, and the result:

cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders [​IMG]

cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders [​IMG]

Naturally you can redefine the icon in the context menu, and name it as you wish.

dalchina, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders - Similar Threads - cannot send shortcut

2. Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut: I am creating a new thread since my original problem "Unable to create Desktop Short cut nor New Folder in Windows 10" has been closed as solved. Wanted to report the following for those who responded to the problem: Feedback Report I have logged as Administrator and found...
  3. Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders: Hi, I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Ztruker asked: You asked...
  4. cannot create new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot create new folder: Suddenly no option to create new folder when right click. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-new-folder/80843612-3262-4984-b594-d8a07596ea6b
  5. Cannot Create New Folder

Cannot Create New Folder: Hi, I can't create a new folder in my Administrator account but it can be done in another account not administrator. I have followed 5-7 instructions, nothing works. Thanks...
  6. Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send to - Desktop (create shortcut): Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon and can immediately make the shortcut to the desktop without sliding the menu out. i never use any of the other shortcuts and...
  7. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  8. cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10

cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10: Cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 after update about 2 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-folders-or-shortcuts-in-windows-10/7926a668-06a6-4c62-875e-030ff573ef35"
  9. Cannot create desktop shortcuts that work.

Cannot create desktop shortcuts that work.: I can create shortcuts that then appear on my desktop. However, when I double click on those shortcuts, they open a new Google search window rather than directing me to the specific website for which I've created the shortcut. The shortcut title is good, but it appears that...
  10. Cannot Create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create New Folders: Howdy all, So this problem popped up seemingly right after I switched over to Windows 10. As the title says, I cannot create new folders. Clicking on the New Folder button results in a New Shortcut dialog box popping up. What's even weirder is that the context menu has...