Windows 10: Cannot separate headphone and speaker audio

Discus and support Cannot separate headphone and speaker audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previously I had a cheap usb headset with a mic, which showed up as a separate device in playback devices, now I got a better headphone with vmoda boom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tareods, Dec 17, 2019.

1. tareods Win User

Cannot separate headphone and speaker audio

Previously I had a cheap usb headset with a mic, which showed up as a separate device in playback devices, now I got a better headphone with vmoda boom mic, but I cant get the headphone show as a separate device.
    I have asrock z370 extreme4 mobo, which has alc1220 realtek chipset.

When I install realtek drivers, I never see the option to make rear and front jacks play separate option in realtek manager, nor in realtek audio console, this seems to be the case for everyone with same mobo.

But if I uninstall realtek drivers, and use generic windows ones, they do show up separately, but now front panel mic jack doesn't work, it is all static. I use a splitter that came with mic to split 3.5mm jack into headset&audio, it is not long enough to put headset jack to front and mic to rear panel.

since windows drivers can do it, it should be possible to do it with realtek drivers too?

What are my cheapest solutions here?
    I can buy a usb adapter like this one Robot Check
    would that make my headphone show as a separate device?

Or if I buy a 3.5mm extension cable, I could use the rear panel for mic?

:)

tareods, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed
    as "Speaker/Headphone." Surely, this is not a feature people wanted. There is no problem when using Bluetooth headphones, just the audio jack.

MidKnight Swami, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot separate headphone and speaker audio - Similar Threads - Cannot separate headphone

2. Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate: how to separate this speaker and headphone on my laptop cuz i just recently reset my pc because it keeps freezing after the reset this is what happen. can you help me how to fix this...
  3. Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate: how to separate this speaker and headphone on my laptop cuz i just recently reset my pc because it keeps freezing after the reset this is what happen. can you help me how to fix this...
  4. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  5. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  6. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...
  7. Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones

Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones: ok so the issue goes like this: the audio coming from my laptop will suddenly start cracking and does not stop if I unplug my headphones. I don't remember when it started because it was rare at first but now it is so frequent that it gets extremely annoying and I can barely...
  8. Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio cracking on speakers and in headphones: ok so the issue goes like this: the audio coming from my laptop will suddenly start cracking and does not stop if I unplug my headphones. I don't remember when it started because it was rare at first but now it is so frequent that it gets extremely annoying and I can barely...
  9. Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones: Not sure why but my laptop with windows 10 doesn't play sound anymore from other devices such as my headphones or 3rd party speakers. Not sure which version I'm using but my laptop just updated yesterday and the problem has existed for a long while even way before the update....
  10. Audio issues speaker + headphones

Audio issues speaker + headphones: This all started a couple days ago with some loud buzzing and static on my headphones every time I turned up the volume. I'm not sure if this is a simple fix or not, since I tried my best to look up my issue but failed to find it due to not wording my exact problem correctly....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. separate built-in speaker from headphone

2. windows 10 no front headphone/speaker detected

3. how to make headphone audio separate from laptop speaker

4. bluetooth speaker and headphon at one adapter at the same time