Windows 10: Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop

Discus and support Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I hope you are doing well. I have a problem, I have bought a new laptop and installed Windows 10 pro. I have set up all stuff but, now I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shahin Alekberli, May 22, 2022.

1. Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop

Hello. I hope you are doing well. I have a problem, I have bought a new laptop and installed Windows 10 pro. I have set up all stuff but, now I cannot set a password. It wanted from me only pin and I have set it. After that i wanted to set password, there is no even option called "Password" in sign-in settings. Can you help me please? I want to set a password and in lock screen, I want to use my password to unclock computer. As you can see there is no any options.

:)

Shahin Alekberli, May 22, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2022
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 22, 2022
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

Thema:

Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop

1. Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot set password

2. Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop: Hello. I hope you are doing well. I have a problem, I have bought a new laptop and installed Windows 10 pro. I have set up all stuff but, now I cannot set a password. It wanted from me only pin and I have set it. After that i wanted to set password, there is no even option...
  3. Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot set a password on Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop: Hello. I hope you are doing well. I have a problem, I have bought a new laptop and installed Windows 10 pro. I have set up all stuff but, now I cannot set a password. It wanted from me only pin and I have set it. After that i wanted to set password, there is no even option...
  4. Windows 10 pro activation on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation on a new laptop: Hello I am helping an uncle of mine to set up his brand new HP Laptop he bought for over £400, which came with Windows 10 Pro - but the system is asking for activation or Product key. Where can I find the windows activation key or product key? Regards...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to a new laptop: How can I find the product code for my retail purchased Windows 10 Pro? I do not have the confirmation email from the time of purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-pro-to-a-new-laptop/74c1c3e5-faf0-4845-85fa-8c8c4642482c"
  6. Laptop windows 10 cannot remember the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop windows 10 cannot remember the password: I have a laptop with windows 10 on it, i can not remember my password for my account and account is administrator(*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and the local admnistrator account. I can not update the computer or load software on it or use cmd(running...
  7. windows 10 pro to new laptop with home

windows 10 pro to new laptop with home: I have a windows 10 Pro(updated from windows 8) laptop. And I recently brought a new laptop with windows home. And now I want to sell my old laptop without the windows 10 pro license and want to put windows 10 pro license in to my new laptop which already runs Win10 home. Can...
  8. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop

Windows 10 Pro transfer to new laptop: I did a stupid thing with my laptop that I purchased from Best Buy store open box laptop. I purchased a windows 10 pro license before I knew it has enterprise... never expected it to have enterprise, but it did. So I used pro for a few months and now I have a new laptop...
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop

Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop: Hello, in May 2017 I've bought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Now I'd like to apply that upgrade to my new laptop, but I can't find a way. Could you please help me? Thanks, Francesco...
  10. New laptop and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

New laptop and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have a new ASUS laptop with Windows 10 Home which was preinstalled (digital license). I have a DVD copy of Windows 7 Professional (OEM) with an unused (as far as I know) product key. Can I use that key to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional? I tried simply...