Windows 10: Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD'

Discus and support Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new HP X360 14-ba151sa with Insyde BIOS. Yesterday I created a Macrium recovery disk, went into BIOS and moved USB CD/DVD to top of the list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bertie11, Mar 29, 2018.

1. bertie11 Win User

Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD'

I have a new HP X360 14-ba151sa with Insyde BIOS. Yesterday I created a Macrium recovery disk, went into BIOS and moved USB CD/DVD to top of the list, F10 and exit. The system booted from DVD OK.

Today, I wanted to boot from the DVD again, but this time the little arrow is placed against OS Boot Manager and I cannot move it onto the USB CD/DVD setting so it ignores the DVD drive.

How can I do this please, I want to be able to leave it with the CD/DVD booting first, (if there is a disk inserted or DVD drive connected), and if not then boot from OS Boot Manager?

Thanks.

:)

bertie11, Mar 29, 2018

2. I can't see the startup settings when I do the F8

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

You can create installation media either on a DVD or USB.

First of all, you need to change the boot priority in BIOS so the PC starts from USB/DVD. When it starts from DVD/USB, then you can make selections as provided earlier.

Important: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Not able to activate Windows 10.

Insert the media, usb or dvd, and restart the computer. You must have your computer's boot order set to boot from usb or dvd.

Cbarnhorst, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

You can only set it to boot USB if that is there at the time if it's not connected it won't show

Samuria, Mar 29, 2018
  5. bertie11 Win User
    The DVD drive is connected, with a disk in it.

bertie11, Mar 29, 2018
  6. bertie11 Win User
    I really need to fix this as if my system goes down I cannot get into my Reflect images or my Windows repair disk!

Thank you.

bertie11, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD' - Similar Threads - Cannot set 'boot

2. Unmountable Boot volume, event cannot run from DVD or USB Stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable Boot volume, event cannot run from DVD or USB Stick: My PC Suddenly turned off, when i tried to restart the Bluescreen with the code UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME appeared.I tried inserting the Win10 DVD... Endless spinning.I made a USB Bootable and tried to boot from that. Endless spinning. Is there a way to enter recovery mode...
  3. Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB: I tried to restart my 'backup' PC , after a couple of weeks off , and got a message saying "The PC has run into a problem and we will restart it" It then says Preparing Automatic Repair before setting off into a repeat cycle, i tried to boot from a USB Recovery and a DVD with...
  4. New PC will not boot from USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC will not boot from USB or DVD: I am building a new PC and, when I try to boot the machine from either a USB created by the Media Recovery tool, or from the proper Windows 10 DVD that I bought, the machine simply goes to BSOD and gives me error codes, mostly SYSTEM PTE MISUSE or PAGE ERROR FOUND IN...
  5. Cannot Boot from USB

Cannot Boot from USB: Hi, I am trying to install win 10 from USB stick on a VAIO VGN FZ160E. The current OS is Win7x64, which I installed from a USB stick about 7 years ago. I have the following situation: Booting from USB doesn't work from any of USB ports. Booting from USB doesn't also work...
  6. Booting from USB stick or DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from USB stick or DVD: Imagine a computer where W10 is running on an SSD. I have a USB stick and/or a DVD which contain a bootable version of W10 (probably made from Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). After a fault, the plan is that after tickling F12 (in my case) the above bootable version could be...
  7. Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) I've already posted about the usb part Will Win 10 pc boot from usb? - Windows 10 Forums but I'd like to expand the scope. In brief, no combination of key presses at bootup will...
  8. Cannot Boot From USB

Cannot Boot From USB: Currently, I am using Wiindows 7 Home Premium x86 with the drive in MBR partition style. I tried to make a bootable USB of latest Windows 10 x86 ISO with Rufus in this configuration: GPT partition Scheme for UEFI FAT32 4096 bytes Quick Format Create extended label and...
  9. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...
  10. Boot From USB/DVD

Boot From USB/DVD: I am so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I want to install/dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 8, but with the tutorial, there's so much Win 7/Win 8, 8.1 included that I'm crosseyed! HP Pavilion g Series Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with BIOS, not UEFI. I want...