Windows 10: Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration

Discus and support Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to manually set the IP configuration on my Windows 10 last build PC. When I fill the field "Preferred DNS", I'm getting an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paolone67, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Paolone67 Win User

Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration

Hi all,

I'm trying to manually set the IP configuration on my Windows 10 last build PC. When I fill the field "Preferred DNS", I'm getting an error "Can't save IP settings. Check one or more settings and try again".

Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration 9e8a2ef6-9c68-4387-8ef3-c0360aa3cfd1?upload=true.jpg

I tried to configure the DNS address also in the following ways:
    configuring the adapter IPv4 properties in Network Adapter Settings
    1. forcing the string Nameserver into the registry
    2. setting a DHCP reservation and trying to pass the DNS server address through a DHCP parameter
    3. deleting and re-installing my network adapter and even changing the adapter with a new one.

None of the above workaround resolved the problem. The outcome is always the same: IPCONFIG /ALL does not see my DNS server setting.

Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration 3750e2be-994e-4076-b98f-8d05e3e26690?upload=true.jpg

How can I verify if some software is interfering with my attempt to set a DNS server?

How can I resolve the problem?

Thank you. Regards.

:)

Paolone67, Dec 22, 2020

2. DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 22, 2020
  3. computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

We already provide the basic steps for us to change the DNS server. We suggest to contact your ISP service provider for them to configure and provide the exact DNS server.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you do have another concern.

Phillip Pio, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration

DNS server

Hi,

To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you try one or more of the following methods.

Method 1: Restart the router

Remove the power cord from the router. After all lights on the router have gone out, wait at least 10 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the router.

Method 2: Configure the TCP/IP settings

Configure the TCP/IP settings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Click View network status and tasks under Networking and Internet.
    • Click Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
    • Select Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.
    • Select Obtain an IPv6 address automatically, select Obtain DNS servers address automatically, and then click OK.
    • Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
    • Select Obtain an IP address automatically, select Obtain DNS servers address automatically, and then click OK.
    Method 3: Use the Ipconfig command-line tool

Use the Ipconfig command-line tool. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type command prompt in the Search Programs and files box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

For more information about the Ipconfig commands and what they do, go to the following Microsoft Technet website:

General information about the Ipconfig commands

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration

1. Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration - Similar Threads - Cannot set DNS

2. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  3. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  4. DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1: Some time ago, I landed on a network with a DHCP server we knew was misconfigured--the DNS servers had been moved, but the DHCP server was still handing out the old addresses.The vendor and version of the DNS and DHCP servers are not relevant.To get things working, I had to...
  5. DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1: Some time ago, I landed on a network with a DHCP server we knew was misconfigured--the DNS servers had been moved, but the DHCP server was still handing out the old addresses.The vendor and version of the DNS and DHCP servers are not relevant.To get things working, I had to...
  6. DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Faulty IP configuration settings

Faulty IP configuration settings: I am having problems with my internet connection. One of my computers is unable to go online. Whenever I web browse, I get this error message [ATTACH] I checked the ipconfig results in the command prompt. Here's what I've found [ATTACH] Now here are the ipconfig...
  8. Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most PC users are looking for ways to enhance their computer privacy. Using dynamic […] This article Cannot change Static IP address & DNS server on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. IP, DNS, confussion

IP, DNS, confussion: Why do I get a different ip address showing on different network scanner apps? I’ve looked up the addresses in Whois and all I’m getting back is this is a private address. I don’t understand how they differ from apps. Now DNS this just goes straight over my head. I just...
  10. IP address cannot be configured no internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP address cannot be configured no internet: This happened to my desktop computer a few months ago and didn't know what happened. My .Coworker suggested that maybe I needed a new I internet card for it since I wasn't able to access my wireless internet. Today on my laptop it came up and I had something come up and say...