Windows 10: Cannot set level of brightness

Discus and support Cannot set level of brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot find where to change brightness for my computer, so could you tell me why I cannot find brightnesss setting on my computer? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johanna Wockasen, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Cannot set level of brightness

I cannot find where to change brightness for my computer, so could you tell me why I cannot find brightnesss setting on my computer? Thank you.

:)

Johanna Wockasen, Aug 6, 2018

2. brightness level percentage

Hi Marie,

For us to narrow down your concern with brightness level and icon in brightness bar and notification center, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Send us a screenshot of your brightness settings.
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Issues with Brightness level settings.

Hi Mangal,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with .Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in brightness settings or power settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "remains same in all 0 to 100% level", what exactly are you referring to? Have you tried to change the brightness settings?

I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the Screen.

4. Click on Power.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Refer to the Microsoft Help Article about screen brightness as reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us with an update on issue with brightness settings, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Cannot set level of brightness

Laptop brightness display level

After the latest Windows update, I cannot change the display brightness level(HP laptop) which is set on high. Please advise. I have tried both the brightness level keyboard key, and the Windows setting option.

KennethBeazley, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Cannot set level of brightness

1. Cannot set level of brightness - Similar Threads - Cannot set level

2. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  3. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  4. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Brightness is increasing to maximum level and it is not decreasing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness is increasing to maximum level and it is not decreasing: While watching vlc media player in full screen mode my brightness is increasing to maximum level and always I want restart to decrease brightness and some black mark is appearing above brightness bar[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Brightness Level

Brightness Level: I have an issue where i try to change my brightness by sliding it to the number i want but it is not working, plz help me fix this issue, i even tried updating my graphics card its still not working...
  7. Cannot find brightness setting

Cannot find brightness setting: I saw a post on here and the microsoft staff said: "Hi, There are two ways on how to change the screen brightness in a Windows 10 computer. Check these steps: Method 1. Go to Start > Settings > System > Display > Change brightness. Adjust the slider to get your desired...
  8. Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery

Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery: I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power options but after some version I don't remember, it was removed. However, I was not unhappy with this change because windows...
  9. I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.

I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.: I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power options but after some version I don't remember, it was removed. However, I was not unhappy with this change because windows...
  10. brightness level locked at lowest level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...