Windows 10: Cannot set pin to sign in windows 10

Discus and support Cannot set pin to sign in windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; To be able to log into my account on windows 10 after adding it, it requires me to set a pin. However it says “error, cannot set a pin at this time,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LikeableCupid24, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Cannot set pin to sign in windows 10

To be able to log into my account on windows 10 after adding it, it requires me to set a pin. However it says “error, cannot set a pin at this time, retry or skip this step and set up later” if i skip the step then it boots me back to the lock screen and it all starts over. I have tried logging in with my account password, but it says im using the wrong password. I went to microsoft on my phone and it let me in using that password, so the password is correct. Even if i sign in using the authenticator app, it requires a pin to be set up.

:)

LikeableCupid24, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Cannot set pin to sign in windows 10

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Cannot set pin to sign in windows 10

1. Cannot set pin to sign in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot set pin

2. Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in: Hi, I haven’t used my PC in a good minute and forgot my pin; I tried a few that I thought were correct, but none of them work, so now I’m stuck with only one option, entering a pin, after I complete the security question. If someone could teach me how to reset the pin from a...
  3. Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in: Hi, I haven’t used my PC in a good minute and forgot my pin; I tried a few that I thought were correct, but none of them work, so now I’m stuck with only one option, entering a pin, after I complete the security question. If someone could teach me how to reset the pin from a...
  4. Trouble with PIN - Cannot sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin

cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin: Whenever I try to sign using an alternative pin, for instance, I get an error saying that they are having trouble signing me in.: This is so frustrating as I am usually prompted to sign in many times in one session. Using the shorter alternative obviously is the way to go but...
  6. cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot sign into Microsoft using windows pin: Whenever I try to sign using an alternative pin, for instance, I get an error saying that they are having trouble signing me in.: This is so frustrating as I am usually prompted to sign in many times in one session. Using the shorter alternative obviously is the way to go but...
  7. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  8. Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows

Cannot disable PIN to sign into Windows: The "remove" key under sign in options is grayed out. I have already disabled "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" and it is still grayed out and unable to be removed. I want to only use my fingerprint and I have to...
  9. Cannot set up my windows 10 pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot set up my windows 10 pin: Hi, I need help with my father's notebook. He changed something in the security setting and now he can't log in since it keeps asking to set up new pin but when reaching the step that need OTP from the phone number he realised that it was his old phone number that he doesn't...
  10. Cannot set Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot set Pin: When I went to play MS Solitaire, a pop up window asked for pin. I tried the same pion I have been using for windows login since windows 10 was available. It kept asking me for a pin and would not accept the pin. I was able to disable pin and started using my MS password...