Windows 10: Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy

Discus and support Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When trying to run Set-Date in my powershell script it fails because it claims to require more permissions. I have added the groups Users and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Henrik Erstad, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy

When trying to run Set-Date in my powershell script it fails because it claims to require more permissions. I have added the groups Users and even Everyone to the Adjust system time Local Security Policy. There are no group policies at all so that shouldn't be a problem. Of course I could run it elevated to admin, but I'm trying to avoid that. What's extra odd is that this script has worked fine so far on some machines.Powershell version is 5.1, windows version is 10 Enterprise 2016 v1607The error messageCannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy :pS > Set-Date "2021-06-07T10:00"Set-Date : Klienten har ikke nødvendig t

:)

Henrik Erstad, Jun 15, 2021
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 15, 2021
  4. A123 Win User

Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy

Set Execution Policy in Powershell

I set the Execution Policy in Powershell to unrestricted to run a couple of command lines and then set the policy back to restricted. Does setting the policy to unrestricted for a small period of time harm Windows 10? Does one have to set the policy back
    to restricted or does closing Powershell and relaunching Powershell put the policy back to restricted?

Thema:

Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy

1. Cannot set system time in powershell despite adjusting the local security policy - Similar Threads - Cannot set system

2. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  3. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  4. Local Security Policy

Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  5. local security policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security policies: i am unable to find local policies . i have tried gpedit.msc or secpol.msc but an error message occures every time . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-policies/a1fcf504-90ad-4780-a8c1-8afd19e7e6e0
  6. Powershell Local Policy editing

Powershell Local Policy editing: Hello guys! At my company, we install PC's and the installation method is rather long. But as I can see, a lot of it can be scripted/automatised. I'm not getting anywhere with it, as I edit Policy values in the Registry, it does not show up in the gpedit.msc window. One...
  7. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...
  8. Cannot find Local Security Policy on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find Local Security Policy on Windows 10: Hi. May i know how to find Local security Policy on Windows 10? I have try to search for Local Security Policy from the search box and also try to run secpol.msc from run dialog box, and it shows that windows cannot find 'secpol.msc'. Really hope for help....
  9. Cannot Set Execution Policy in Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Set Execution Policy in Powershell: Did not experience this problem until this build (10130) but it may have occurred in the build before that also. As you can see in the attachment, I am in Administrator mode but cannot run a script which installs a dozen or so programs. The programs install if I type a...
  10. Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows How to Reset All Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows [img] Information Local Security Policy (secpol.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in with rules that administrators...