Windows 10: cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display

Discus and support cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just bougth the Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED monitor and Windows 11, but when trying to set it to 90Hz only 60 and 48 Hz are listed, is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntonioHero, May 17, 2022.

1. cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display

Hi, I just bougth the Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED monitor and Windows 11, but when trying to set it to 90Hz only 60 and 48 Hz are listed, is this caused by missing drivers?

:)

AntonioHero, May 17, 2022

2. Mixed Reality Headset used to run 90hz but now blacks out immediately

I have a lenovo explorer and used it on 90hz just fine, then i got extension cables and it only worked on 60, then when I stopped using extensions it would no longer work on 90hz, it stays at 60 and if I go higher it black screens. Ive tried a powered
    USB 3.0 hub and the only thing that gets it to work is a DP to HDMI adapter and even then 90hz only works for like 10 minutes. I thought it might be my dual monitor setup which has a new monitor is 144hz so I unplugged it and was only using my original monitor,
    so the exact same setup as when it was working on 90hz and it still didnt work. I would like to know why it randomly stopped working and what I can do to fix it.

KrivKroutons, May 17, 2022
  3. resutoor Win User
    How to get to know the current settings for the external display

I have a special display whose EDID gives only one modeline.

Some lines from the EDID:

Identifier "YongXing "

ModelName "YongXing "

VendorName "LZT"

# Monitor Manufactured week 12 of 2017

# EDID version 1.3

Modeline "Mode 8" 147.80 1080 1180 1185 1355 1200 1206 1209 1212 -hsync -vsync

I connect this display with HDMI cable to Windows 10 laptop.

Windows knows perfectly how to use this display. By default it uses the resolution mentioned in the modeline: 1080x1200 90Hz.

When I uncheck "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" from display settings, I can make Windows also use resolutions

800x600 90Hz and 640x480 90Hz.

Is there any way to know how Windows controls the display when it uses these lower resolutions, i.e. what are the modelines that Window sends to the display?

I have tried several tools to tweak the modelines, but without success: Moninfo, Dxdiag, Powerstrip.

Those tools only show the EDID modeline.

resutoor, May 17, 2022
  4. The Mac Win User

cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display

freesync technology

The Asus MG279Q is 35hz, but is 90hz at the top end due to scaler limitations and pixel overshoot.

The scaler manufacurers need to step up their game.

The Mac, May 17, 2022
Thema:

cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display

1. cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display - Similar Threads - cannot set 90Hz

2. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  3. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  4. ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.: So, Windows 11 23H2 - 22631.2861. "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" do not work as you would expect. These are my screen and sleep settings.These are my screen saver settings.ASUS OLED laptops have a screen saver called ASUS OLED Care, which stop damage to the screen.My...
  5. ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.

ASUS Vivobook S15 OLED - "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" - Incompatible.: So, Windows 11 23H2 - 22631.2861. "Screen Saver" and "Turn off my screen" do not work as you would expect. These are my screen and sleep settings.These are my screen saver settings.ASUS OLED laptops have a screen saver called ASUS OLED Care, which stop damage to the screen.My...
  6. Asus VivoBook s 14 Flip OLED tp3402za Right speaker doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus VivoBook s 14 Flip OLED tp3402za Right speaker doesn't work.: My laptop is Asus VivoBook s 14 Flip OLED tp3402za. I have a problem where my right speaker doesn't work, but the right one is fine. I tried to reinstall all drivers and troubleshooting. How can I solve this problem? In the sound settings when I set the volume for right...
  7. Asus VivoBook s 14 Flip OLED tp3402za Right speaker doesn't work.

Asus VivoBook s 14 Flip OLED tp3402za Right speaker doesn't work.: My laptop is Asus VivoBook s 14 Flip OLED tp3402za. I have a problem where my right speaker doesn't work, but the right one is fine. I tried to reinstall all drivers and troubleshooting. How can I solve this problem? In the sound settings when I set the volume for right...
  8. cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot set to 90Hz Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED display: Hi, I just bougth the Asus Vivobook with 90Hz OLED monitor and Windows 11, but when trying to set it to 90Hz only 60 and 48 Hz are listed, is this caused by missing drivers?...
  9. Asus Vivobook

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asus Vivobook: I just purchased an Asus Vivobook. Once I set up my laptop I purchased windows 10 Pro via the Microsoft store. The upgrade did not work and I am unable to download the upgrade, but the charge went through. Is there someway to get a license key to correct the issue?...
  10. Asus vivobook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus vivobook: I am setting up an asus vivobook, once, I am passed link your phone and pc, it goes onto a white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivobook/321ee75e-f7be-4463-a0da-1444f239a420