Windows 10: Cannot Set Up A Reliable Home Network

Discus and support Cannot Set Up A Reliable Home Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am trying to get my two PCs to network. Both are running Windows 10 64 Bit Pro. I made sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by norinrad, Apr 15, 2021.

1. norinrad Win User

Cannot Set Up A Reliable Home Network

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I am trying to get my two PCs to network. Both are running Windows 10 64 Bit Pro.

I made sure all windows updates downloaded and installed.

Sometimes they can find each other in Windows File Explorer. Most of the time they cannot. This has been going on for years. Pretty much gave up on it and just use removable storage to transfer files from one PC to the other when I need to. But it is annoying.

Probably best to just start the network over from the beginning. So, my question is how to clean out anything that might be preventing the PCs from connecting and start over. What is the best way to do this?

Kind regards,

norinrad

:)

norinrad, Apr 15, 2021

2. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Hi Rik,

We value your time and so we want to avoid repeating troubleshooting steps that were already performed. Kindly share with us the troubleshooting steps that you have done from your end.

In the mean time, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems. Refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Change your network settings, click on Network troubleshooter.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot Set Up A Reliable Home Network - Similar Threads - Cannot Set Reliable

2. Setting up home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up home network.: What are my network credentials? I put in mu usual password, but get the message that it's incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-home-network/9c7ab2d6-c2c4-4359-a988-9eb7e23e7d6f
  3. Setting up home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up home network.: What are my network credentials? I put in mu usual password, but get the message that it's incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-home-network/9c7ab2d6-c2c4-4359-a988-9eb7e23e7d6f
  4. Setting up a Home Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a Home Network: Hi,I reset my PC and reinstalled Windows.Now I am trying to set my PC home network to my old Network name.How do I do that?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-home-network/90c4d0e0-6c5c-4b36-a1ef-65b81a76c2eb
  5. Setting up a Home Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a Home Network: Hi,I reset my PC and reinstalled Windows.Now I am trying to set my PC home network to my old Network name.How do I do that?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-home-network/90c4d0e0-6c5c-4b36-a1ef-65b81a76c2eb
  6. Setting up a Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Setting up a Home Network??!

Setting up a Home Network??!: Hello we've been tyring to set up a home network to share files between 2 PC using the router. So far we have no luck. I can see my pc but i can see the 2nd one. I can't seem to find any clear help or step by step on how to do this. Or maybe i did a bad research. But we did...
  8. set up a home network

set up a home network: set up a home network,between window 7 and window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-a-home-network/04f22606-a921-469b-a5de-cd05ba9ced77
  9. Tips for setting up a reliable network between Windows 10 home PCs

Tips for setting up a reliable network between Windows 10 home PCs: I have three Windows 10 Home PCs, all running version 1709 with Norton Internet Security. The three computers are all set up in Norton with full trust of each other. Two are wired and one is wifi. I have set up a workgroup called WORKGROUP that all three are under. Every...
  10. Stumped at setting up home network in 10

Stumped at setting up home network in 10: Had no issues setting up our 3 PC home network in Win Seven Pro...But...can't seem to get past 1st base trying to duplicate this in Win 10. So far I have PC 2 (MARYANNS_WIN10) visible and accessible in PC 1 (TIMS_WIN10)...but...I can not access PC 1 from PC 2 - does not...