Windows 10: Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options

Discus and support Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I use to log into my windows 10 using finger print reader. However just recently i foolishly decided to add another finger print. When I did it,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PacmanMFC, Sep 18, 2018.

1. PacmanMFC Win User

Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options

Hi,

I use to log into my windows 10 using finger print reader. However just recently i foolishly decided to add another finger print. When I did it, it asked my for my PIN, but I had forgotten it so I deleted it and then when I press "Add" under PIN my computer does nothing. I can no longer log into my PC using my finger print. And now, when I try to to add a finger print by pressing "Set up" under fingerprint, I can add the first finger print, but then it says "Set PIN" and on pressing this, it closes and no further pop ups appear to add a PIN. My windows 10 is fully up to date.

:)

PacmanMFC, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

cant find fingerprint setting option in sign-in option

Hi,

This issue is often caused by an outdated driver. We suggest that you download and install an update for your fingerprint driver. You can refer to this article for the steps on how to:

Update drivers in Windows 10

After updating your drivers, reset the fingerprint setting option by disabling and enabling it again.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Sep 18, 2018
  3. fingerprint login option gone!!

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to this issue.

I suggest you to enable the biometric sign in option in setting and check.

Method 1: Enable the biometric sign in option

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options tab.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

If you are unable to find the biometric sign in option, I suggest you to follow the instruction provided in method 2 and then perform method 1 on your computer and check.

Method 2: Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default.
    However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates -->Windows Components-->Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
      • Select enable option and click on Apply and
        OK button.
    Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided in method 1.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Emad1111 Win User

Fingerprint option not available in log on screen

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already tried that and there is no Fingerprint sign in option in the Sign-in Options below the password box.

Emad1111, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot set up Fingerprint using Sign-in options - Similar Threads - Cannot set Fingerprint

2. I cannot use fingerprint to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use fingerprint to sign in: Hello.I just bought a brand new Acer Swift 14 which has Windows 11 installed as OS, at the beginning I was able to use the fingerprint to log in, but suddenly my computer asks me only for my pin or my email password to log in, I cannot see the fingerprint option...
  3. I cannot use fingerprint to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use fingerprint to sign in: Hello.I just bought a brand new Acer Swift 14 which has Windows 11 installed as OS, at the beginning I was able to use the fingerprint to log in, but suddenly my computer asks me only for my pin or my email password to log in, I cannot see the fingerprint option...
  4. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  5. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  6. fingerprint in sign in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.: Ever since my Windows updated, I lost the ability to use my fingerprint. I also don't have the option to remove or change my PIN. Not my Windows Hello PIN but my PIN... Every time I attempt to re-setup the fingerprint, I'm asked for the PIN which I'm not able to reset cuz I...
  8. Fingerprint Sign In Option

Fingerprint Sign In Option: Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 with the Windows Hello sign in options. I have been using the fingerprint sign in option ever since I got the laptop a few months ago. I've not had any problems with it. I just updated it and now that option is gone when I turn my laptop on and...
  9. I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option: I was able to use my fingerprint sign in option up until three days ago. It says that face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device....
  10. Setting up fingerprint sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up fingerprint sign-in: When trying to set up fingerprint sign-in under system settings (using a Lenovo Yoga X1), I try to press 'Set up' under 'Fingerprint' but the box is not clickable. At the top of the 'Sign-in options' window, it states "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your...