Windows 10: Cannot set up Insider Updates

Discus and support Cannot set up Insider Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to set up automatic updates for Windows Insider Preview and get the following: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WallyOtting, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Cannot set up Insider Updates

I am trying to set up automatic updates for Windows Insider Preview and get the following:

Cannot set up Insider Updates 4a5a9fb8-5117-4a09-a830-54c5e1798ef4?upload=true.png

:)

WallyOtting, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I set Win Update to Discontinue to Receive Insider Builds and there is no gui setting to begin receiving them

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to all settings

• Click on Update and security

• Select Windows Updates

• Click on Advanced option

• Click on Get insider build

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Feb 24, 2019
  3. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Cannot set up Insider Updates

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Cannot set up Insider Updates

1. Cannot set up Insider Updates - Similar Threads - Cannot set Insider

2. Cannot set up PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up PIN: windows would like me to set up a pin however I cannot approve the request in authenticator app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-pin/06c5e16d-75d3-4fe8-90be-7a014e524df8
  3. Cannot set up PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up PIN: windows would like me to set up a pin however I cannot approve the request in authenticator app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-pin/06c5e16d-75d3-4fe8-90be-7a014e524df8
  4. Cannot update Windows 11 Insider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update Windows 11 Insider: Hello,I am having a hard time trying to update Windows 11 Insider Preview. I'll provide photos so it will be easier to explain. It won't install all updates only this Update stack package. Install Error - 0x8007370a...
  5. Cannot update Windows 11 Insider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update Windows 11 Insider: Hello,I am having a hard time trying to update Windows 11 Insider Preview. I'll provide photos so it will be easier to explain. It won't install all updates only this Update stack package. Install Error - 0x8007370a...
  6. Live Captions Cannot be Set Up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Captions Cannot be Set Up?: After updating Windows 11 and turning on Live Captions, I see the following image: But it keeps loading...or downloading? And never seems to finish. I can't seem to find anything related to this, other than maybe one other question.Is this related to how it's being rolled...
  7. Cannot set up Picture password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot set up Picture password: When I try to set up the Picture password, after I choose a picture, make the gestures, and accept, I get an error message:Registration errorThere was an error while registering. Please try again later......
  8. Cannot set up autologon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up autologon.: No matter what I do I cannot enable auto logon on my freshly installed copy of Windows 10 Pro. I am told that "The Username or Password is incorrect.Try again." I enter the details and all is OKay. I really am at a loss as to what to do now. 183193
  9. Cannot set-up PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot set-up PIN: [ATTACH]I keep being prompted to set-up a PIN but when I do it prompts me to put a PIN in that I must have previously set-up but I don't know what it is. When I click on FORGOT MY PIN it simply gives me instructions to go the place I started at. There is no reset PIN button....
  10. Cannot set up Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up Local Account: I can't set up a Local Account Please help. I get this error message: [img] 17819