Windows 10: Cannot set up Local Account

Discus and support Cannot set up Local Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't set up a Local Account Please help. I get this error message: [img] 17819 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cornishman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Cannot set up Local Account

I can't set up a Local Account
    Please help. I get this error message:

Cannot set up Local Account [​IMG]

:)

Cornishman, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Majormom Win User

Cannot connect to HomeGroup when switching from wireless to wired connection.

OK, the rest of the story. I cannot assess my original local account, and the new local account gets EXACTLY the same error. Cannot set up a home group on this computer.

Bottom line, I'm MUCH worse off than when I started. is THERE ANY way to retrieve my original local account and it's settings? The system has been cold booted.

Majormom, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Song88 Win User
    Windows 10... Created local user yesterday, but cannot unlock... says invalid password, and will not show the hint I entered

Thank you for your response.

1) When my computer is sleeping or I just turn on, the screen with photo is there and I must swipe up to get to login.

I created the Local Account just yesterday, so that is the User that it wants me to login with. I keep getting the message saying password is incorrect.

I assumed that since I set up a Hint phrase, that would remind me of my password for that new Local Account. However, I cannot get my Hint to come up.

2) Since I have been unable to login to the Local Account with the password I thought I set up, I want to unlock/start up Windows 10 using my Microsoft Account...but I cannot change the login from Local to Microsoft. The page with the User name only shows
    the Local Account name, and I cannot find a way to change it back to my Microsoft Account name. Hotmail is what I want to use.

Song88, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Cannot set up Local Account

1. Cannot set up Local Account - Similar Threads - Cannot set Local

2. Cannot login with local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login with local account: Hi, created a "local account" but are unable to login. User has been added through Settings, Other Users, I was asked for Name and Password only. When trying to login as Other User I am asked for email/password. i I wanted to be add local user without email, ii there is no...
  3. Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account

Create a local Account after I set up a Microsoft account: My Wife got a new computer and when i set it up I logged into my Microsoft account. Now it brings up my name and not hers and it is switching pictures between the two computers. How do I get my account off set it up for her?...
  4. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  5. Set up a local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set up a local account.: I purchased a new pc and set up the Microsoft administrator account. I'd like to create a separate local account for my day-to-day computing. Each time I've tried I've only managed to replace the MS account. I'd like to be able to switch between them. How do I accomplish...
  6. Is it possible to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin ...

Is it possible to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin ...: Is it possible to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin account on todays new modern Windows 10 computers? Yesterday I set up a new Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL laptop Windows 10 Home Usually I like to set up the primary account to be a Local Admin account and the...
  7. cannot set up outlook with exchange account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot set up outlook with exchange account: I cannot set up my Microsoft 365 account with my exchange account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/cannot-set-up-outlook-with-exchange-account/8cdf4031-12a9-48ff-b102-12780d345989
  8. Cannot switch to local account

Cannot switch to local account: Hello, I am trying to unlink my other microsoft account from my computer but I cannot find "Switch to a local account". I am very confused because in some forums people say there is a button saying "Switch to a local account" but I cannot find it, is this a glitch or can an...
  9. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  10. Cannot Sign In to local account

Cannot Sign In to local account: Hi , I'm Used local admin for a while but yesterday i logged in to the ms store and bought some game. Now i notice that my local admin account is now linked to ms account. I have now to enter my ms account password to login , cannot change local admin password,cannot sign...