Windows 10: Cannot set up mail app on windows 10 21H2.

Discus and support Cannot set up mail app on windows 10 21H2. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have the following issue with setting up the mail app, open the mail click on add account, the mail app find my email address so I click it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MATTHEW60, May 11, 2022.

1. MATTHEW60 Win User

Cannot set up mail app on windows 10 21H2.

Hello,I have the following issue with setting up the mail app, open the mail click on add account, the mail app find my email address so I click it, then the following box appears on the screen and the mail get stuck the screen.Please see screenshot attached.Any help would be great to fix this.Thanks

:)

MATTHEW60, May 11, 2022
  2. AndreTen Win User

Windows Mail app background bug

Mail app: Version 16005.14326.20544.0

Windows 11 Dev build, and Windows 10 Pro 21H2

It's instant with selected pictures via Browse too

And your version? Mail app.

You could reset Mail app. Go to Settings / Apps ( click on Mail and calendar - Advanced and select repair. Reset would be the next step, but in this case the data and settings of the app are lost

AndreTen, May 11, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot set up mail app on windows 10 21H2. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 11, 2022
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot set up mail app on windows 10 21H2. - Similar Threads - Cannot set mail

2. Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.: Hello,I have the following issue setting up Gmail in Mail App, I click google from the list and can enter my email address and password click next then click allow, then the next box appears on the screen as soon as this box comes up on the screen you cannot type anything in...
  3. Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.: Hello,I have the following issue setting up Gmail in Mail App, I click google from the list and can enter my email address and password click next then click allow, then the next box appears on the screen as soon as this box comes up on the screen you cannot type anything in...
  4. Cannot set up mail app on windows 10 21H2.

Cannot set up mail app on windows 10 21H2.: Hello,I have the following issue with setting up the mail app, open the mail click on add account, the mail app find my email address so I click it, then the following box appears on the screen and the mail get stuck the screen.Please see screenshot attached.Any help would be...
  5. Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10: The error pops up telling "something went wrong" with code 0x80070490.The problem is I found the way to fix it, and it worked. But then I had to reset my PC so the problem happens again while I dont remember the solution that I applied.I tried to memorize it but really can...
  6. setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app

setting up accounts in windows 10 mail app: I just upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and I'm trying to set up the mail app to access other email accounts. One of them is Verizon.net email, which is supplied through AOL. When I try to add the account, I'm presented with a list of account types, none of which...
  7. Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app

Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app: Trying to set up my BT e mail accounts in Windows 10 mail. They seem to set up OK but then I keep getting a message that settings are out of date and asked to reinput password. The passwords are fine as I can access the accounts on ipad or on the webserver. How do I get them...
  8. Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook: Hi, I would like to ask for help as to why I cannot set up any of my email accounts on my Windows 10 mail or on Outlook. Please see photo below on the error for Windows mail. Is this because of a network error? But my internet is working just fine. Or because I am using...
  9. Mail app set up questions...

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app set up questions...: ...new to the Mail app - Windows 10 Insider build 16241 Pro x64 Have used Outlook for years as my email client, very happy with it. A few days ago it stopped being able to send, but could receive. I checked with my ISP, COX Communications, the tech and I tried all sorts of...
  10. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...