Windows 10: Cannot set up my windows 10 pin

Discus and support Cannot set up my windows 10 pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I need help with my father's notebook. He changed something in the security setting and now he can't log in since it keeps asking to set up new pin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by anakpith, Jan 8, 2021.

1. anakpith Win User

Cannot set up my windows 10 pin

Hi, I need help with my father's notebook. He changed something in the security setting and now he can't log in since it keeps asking to set up new pin but when reaching the step that need OTP from the phone number he realised that it was his old phone number that he doesn't use anymore.

I tried to make changes in the mail but it ask to wait for "30DAYS" for only changing phone number. Is there any faster method? otherwise he has to wait for a month and use his old notebook for working the IBM one + Windows XP that's very very old and ready to shut down itself whenever something happen.

Thank you :

:)

anakpith, Jan 8, 2021

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Cannot set up my windows 10 pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Cannot set up my windows 10 pin

1. Cannot set up my windows 10 pin - Similar Threads - Cannot set pin

2. Cannot set up PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up PIN: windows would like me to set up a pin however I cannot approve the request in authenticator app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-pin/06c5e16d-75d3-4fe8-90be-7a014e524df8
  3. Cannot set up PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up PIN: windows would like me to set up a pin however I cannot approve the request in authenticator app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-up-pin/06c5e16d-75d3-4fe8-90be-7a014e524df8
  4. Something haappened with my pin , and I cannot set up my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something haappened with my pin , and I cannot set up my pin: Hi there, i need your help please , i got someBig issues with my Pc , I’m operating on windows 10 , and I’ve simply start my pc and on the main screen a massage popped out saying “ Something happened and your Pin isn’t available, click to set up your pin”. And also it shows...
  5. Something haappened with my pin , and I cannot set up my pin

Something haappened with my pin , and I cannot set up my pin: Hi there, i need your help please , i got someBig issues with my Pc , I’m operating on windows 10 , and I’ve simply start my pc and on the main screen a massage popped out saying “ Something happened and your Pin isn’t available, click to set up your pin”. And also it shows...
  6. Something haappened with my pin , and I cannot set up my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Set up my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up my pin: Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Below that message it also comes up "Set up my PIN", I have clicked it many times, it comes up...
  8. Set up my pin

Set up my pin: Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Below that message it also comes up "Set up my PIN", I have clicked it many times, it comes up...
  9. Cannot set-up PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot set-up PIN: [ATTACH]I keep being prompted to set-up a PIN but when I do it prompts me to put a PIN in that I must have previously set-up but I don't know what it is. When I click on FORGOT MY PIN it simply gives me instructions to go the place I started at. There is no reset PIN button....
  10. Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.: I do not want a Windows PIN. How do I get rid of this annoying startup notice for seting up a pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin-for-windows-10/8ae00aab-4e21-4ed9-b298-c2b883dcdb11