Windows 10: Cannot set up new user

Discus and support Cannot set up new user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Went through the set up process, using an admin login that was not a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by denfedavi, Sep 5, 2016.

1. denfedavi Win User

Cannot set up new user

I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Went through the set up process, using an admin login that was not a Microsoft account. Several folks need to use this computer and when I try to set up a new user, first I get a black box with nothing in it, then I get the spinning circle for about 25 minutes, then it goes away and I am still looking at the "add Family members" screen. Can I add family members (users) without a Microsoft log in?

:)

denfedavi, Sep 5, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2016
  3. microsoft user set up on new laptop

Someone has been using my email account, I'm sure accidentally, as she tried to capitalize one letter in the same gmail account but doesn't seem to realize that doesn't give her the account, and I occasionally get receipts in her name. When I set up my laptop
    it has her name under administrator. How can I change this? I have changed my Microsoft account with this email to my name. I have edited on my setting the profile to my name, admin keeps showing up as her name. Please let me know how to change this, very
    annoying. Thanks.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC]

RoxsannRoberts, Sep 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cannot set up new user

dalchina, Sep 6, 2016
Thema:

Cannot set up new user

1. Cannot set up new user - Similar Threads - Cannot set user

2. I can't set up a new fingerprint in new user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set up a new fingerprint in new user account: i have 2 user on my laptop. The old user can setup a finger and use normally. But when i use a new administrator account, log in microsoft account, active windows hello for password, PIN but not fingerprint. It show a box tell me to "touch the fingerprint sensor", but when i...
  3. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  4. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  5. Setting up a used computer for a new user

6. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  7. setting up a user on a new computer for work

setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  8. New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New MS account and user set up issue on new laptop: Just purchased a new laptop for my office. Set it up under my account. Then I set up a new account user and a new local user for the staff to use. However, when I sign in as the new account user, my desktop applications appear and my network folders etc., not the new users....
  9. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  10. Setting up New User "Settings" problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up New User "Settings" problem: I am trying to set up an account for my wife on my laptop in Windows 10. I go to "Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts" I click on "Add a new user in PC settings" This opens a window "Settings" Under "Home", I am supposed to "Find a setting" That's...