Windows 10: Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that

Discus and support Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When trying to set up pin/fingerprint have the below. I have cleared the Ngc folder windows update says I am up to date. Could you please advise how... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Adam RacheleReynolds, May 20, 2020.

1. Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that

When trying to set up pin/fingerprint have the below. I
    have cleared the Ngc folder windows update says I am up to date.

Could you please advise how to either fix or remove.

Fingerprint and pin were working fine up until I went to change the current pin.

It is windows 10 home so don't have gpedit.msc to check the group permissions.

regards

Adam

Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that 00d81151-3fd1-42b2-98f1-c62b027610ec?upload=true.png Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that 9d2b9b8f-906d-4a3b-8fa3-1c63db297138?upload=true.png

System info if needed

Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that 8fe46711-8574-42e8-999f-cb7b82a423b2?upload=true.png

:)

Adam RacheleReynolds, May 20, 2020
  2. chris_80 Win User

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, May 20, 2020
  3. L.ENI. Win User
    Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint

The Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint feature was working on my HP Envy and now it is not working and it says that my laptop camera/fingerprint scanner is not compatible, when it was working less than 12 hours ago. When I look into how to reconnect or find
    Window Hello Fingerprint/Face biometrics the only help I get is to the Windows 10 sign-in options.
    I need to know how and were to find the Windows Hello Face/fingerprint biometrics management settings that is not in the sign-in options, but is how to re-download it or check it's compatibility status with my laptop.

L.ENI., May 20, 2020
  4. Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Windows Security: Antivirus, Facial Recognition & More | Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that

1. Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that - Similar Threads - Cannot set Hello

2. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have been trying to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, but it consistently fails. I retried many times, but it always says: "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again"....
  3. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint: I have been trying to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint, but it consistently fails. I retried many times, but it always says: "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again"....
  4. Cannot set up Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.

PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.: Ever since my Windows updated, I lost the ability to use my fingerprint. I also don't have the option to remove or change my PIN. Not my Windows Hello PIN but my PIN... Every time I attempt to re-setup the fingerprint, I'm asked for the PIN which I'm not able to reset cuz I...
  6. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN: Hi, I just bought an Asus vivobook S15 S533, and all those windows hello sign-in options are sadly unavailable. I have tried as many steps I found online and in the community website but ffs nothing work. Idk what to do anymore. Please, I want to enjoy those features too...
  7. Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am trying to get my fingerprint sensor back to working on my Dell XPS 15 7590, but Windows will not allow me to do so. I believe the issue comes from the PIN setup not working properly. When I go to settings>sign-in options and click Windows Hello PIN, the only option is...
  8. Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint

Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint: Hi anyone has encountered this problem - when you want to set up Hello Pin and Fingerprint sign-in option but u cannot press the button on "set up". It says "this option is currently unavailable - click here to learn more". I have been trying multiple times but it does not...
  9. Unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint.

Unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint.: Recently purchased Dell Inspiron 5593, I am unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint. It says " We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Hello Face, I cannot even Set up the Windows Hello Face Recognition

Windows Hello Face, I cannot even Set up the Windows Hello Face Recognition: My computer is an DELL Inspiron 15 5577 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-i-cannot-even-set-up-the/40f0961c-0eaf-4164-9366-f7f503b159f6