Windows 10: Cannot setup Homegroup

Discus and support Cannot setup Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone a few weeks back I shot myself in the foot by leaving the homegroup on all four of my machines. I did not realise that they were still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skofab, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Skofab Win User

Cannot setup Homegroup

Hi everyone

a few weeks back I shot myself in the foot by leaving the homegroup on all four of my machines. I did not realise that they were still subject to the set password, although I had left. The password remains valid and I have NO clue what the password was.*Redface

On each computer I have the invite to join - but no opportunity to 'Create' a homegroup.
    Would appreciate any help/suggestions you can give.
    Thanks in advance
    C

:)

Skofab, Oct 15, 2017

2. Lost homegroup after upgrade to windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10 cannot create a homegroup. MS techincal support did a refresh of the computer to allow access to the internet after the updgrade. Since then the homegroup is gone and cannot be setup. Get "Windows can't set up a homegroup
    on this computer."

RickBrennan(2), Oct 15, 2017
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Cannot delete old pc names from Network

Homegroups cannot delete individual computers from the group. You have to leave the group on all the computers that you still have. Reboot and setup a new homegroup.

mlg63, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Cannot setup Homegroup

Caledon Ken, Oct 16, 2017
  5. Skofab Win User
    Mystery Solved (dont know how).

I did find that one of the 4 computers still had 'to leave network'. This I did, but no result forth coming.
    I did several of the suggestions made - with no change. None had the message 'CREATE' a homegroup etc.

Unusually for me, I turned off all 4 machines last night (one is usually left on). This morning, I went to my 'main' machine, and out of interest went to control panel - home group, and behold the opportunity to CREATE a homegroup was now available. I was then able to continue as per normal.
    This time I HAVE recorded the new password number !!!!
    Thanks to those who helped me on this.
    C

Skofab, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot setup Homegroup

1. Cannot setup Homegroup - Similar Threads - Cannot setup Homegroup

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  4. setup homegroup windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setup homegroup windows 10: i find it interesting that their 50 pages asking the same questions about setup homegroup windows 10 and no one at Microsoft can answer the question - so is their a answer??????????/...
  5. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  6. Cannot leave or create homegroup

Cannot leave or create homegroup: I've tried every "fix" I've come across and I cannot get my homegroup back up. Is there a way to use the command line to leave the homegroup? This has been a huge pain since I upgraded my PCs to Win10. Using flash drives to share files is getting old. 27295
  7. Homegroup setup on Win10 is a little different.

Homegroup setup on Win10 is a little different.: 1. Not necessary to put in Homegroup password in Win10 if one of the other computers on the network is running. it seems to autofill. 2. Disable password protection in network advanced sharing. 3. Share the folders you want to show up under Homegroup by right clicking on...
  8. Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password

Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password: I have three computers I would like to add to a homegroup. One is a MAC (optional) and two are windows 10 laptops. At some point in the distant and long forgotten past, I must have created a homegroup. On the two available computers running windows 10, I have the ability to...
  9. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  10. Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup

Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup: Hi there! I've just upgraded my husband PC from Windows 7 to 10. Everything went well except that I can no longer connect to the network. After some attempt, I chose to delete all homegroup to create a new one. All right on my husband's computer (leave the homegroup),...