Windows 10: Cannot Share OneDrive Folder - "Something Went Wrong"

Discus and support Cannot Share OneDrive Folder - "Something Went Wrong" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Shared Folder on my Win 10 machine which I have shared with the family using a HomeGroup. Microsoft have helpfully removed that functionality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by njlparadise, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Cannot Share OneDrive Folder - "Something Went Wrong"

I have a Shared Folder on my Win 10 machine which I have shared with the family using a HomeGroup. Microsoft have helpfully removed that functionality with Windows 10 so I have copied everything in there into my OneDrive and am now trying to share it by right clicking on the OneDrive folder and selecting Share. I then get the message "Something Went Wrong - Sorry, we cannot reach the server at the moment. Please try again later." (Screenshot of the technical details attached).

Can someone please advise on how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Cannot Share OneDrive Folder - "Something Went Wrong" d763122c-2f0f-413f-9fe9-0fbcce4eb4e2?upload=true.jpg

:)

njlparadise, Nov 11, 2019

2. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Nov 11, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    OneDrive sharing help

Hi TPU,

one of my customers at work want to share a folder on his OneDrive for business with a external user, normal sharing lasts 7days, is it possible to get like a permanent login solution?

I tried a few guides, problem is Microsoft Translation to Danish doesn't help and if I change language online on his Office 365 the settings language in OneDrive don't change and yes using Internet Explorer just to rule that out.

So if anyone got a easy guide I would be happy, bcs I don't want my customer to call or write me a email every week that his external user needs access.

puma99dk|, Nov 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot Share OneDrive Folder - "Something Went Wrong"

OneDrive Shared Folder question

Hi leonhart1981

OneDrive is very location sensitive . . .

If you move a shared folder, OneDrive will just see that the folder no longer exists in its original location and not know that it has been moved, you would need to re-share the folder in its new location

It is like, if say, you have a Word document in your Documents folder saved from Word, that is then added to the Recent File list in Word, if you close Word and move that file in File Explorer, then try to open it from the Word recent file list, Word will tell
    you the file no longer exists, because it does not know you have moved the file outside of Word . . .

DaveM121, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Share OneDrive Folder - "Something Went Wrong"

1. Cannot Share OneDrive Folder - "Something Went Wrong" - Similar Threads - Cannot Share OneDrive

2. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  3. something went wrong

something went wrong: How to fix this error message in MS Store. Im trying to update apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/62c07fc2-0bc1-4496-b5cd-0738e48eabe1
  4. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. something went wrong

something went wrong: Trying to update all apps in MS Store, however, I keep getting error something went wrong. I check for Windows update to see if it will fix the issue but my Windows says up to date....
  6. Something went wrong.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  7. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  8. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  9. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  10. something went wrong

something went wrong: I have tried to use the store and send feedback but each time I do I get the something went wrong please try again later 0x8007139f. there is no way to log in, no way to send feedback because this is the only thing that keeps coming back. any help would be great...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive something went wrong

2. OneDrive error while sharing something went wrong

3. when i try to share link using onedrive it is saying something went wrong

4. family sharing Sorry something went wrong,
  5. unabel to share onedrive folder error something went wrong,
  6. One Dirve error when sharing something went wrong,
  7. onedrive shared with me folder something went wrong,
  8. onedrive portal somethings went wrong,
  9. something went wrong message when share onedrive files from explorer,
  10. something went wrong during onedrive sharing folder,
  11. something went wrong gmail getting into onedrive,